Get help from top Psychologists in UK
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in UK
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in UK
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in UK
British psychologists have a reputation for being some of the best in the world. They are highly skilled in diagnosing and treating a variety of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, OCD, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Luckily, the UK has a large number of psychologists who are available to help those in need. There are several types of psychologists, including clinical, counseling, developmental, and school psychologists. If you’re searching for a psychologist who can help you deal with specific issues, such as anxiety or depression, you’ll need to narrow your search down to one or two professionals. It’s also important to bear in mind that not all psychologists are licensed to practice in the UK.
Top Psychologist Near Me in UK
- Professor Peter Kinderman: Peter is a renowned psychologist and researcher based in the UK. He specializes in mental health research and has helped establish many of the current best practices in modern psychotherapy.
- Dr Tim Dalgleish: As one of the leading figures involved with Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Tim is a well-known expert in the field of PTSD and trauma. He has more than 25 years of experience and a wealth of knowledge that he shares through writing and talks.
- Professor Stephen Joseph: Stephen is one of the most prominent psychologists working in the UK today, with a focus on mental health research in schools. He is a leading researcher and writer on the causes of poor mental health in children and young adults.
- Professor Nick Mackintosh: With more than 30 years of experience as a clinical psychologist, Nick is known for his work on emotion regulation, mood disorder treatment, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). He has also helped establish many important best practices in modern mental health treatment.
- Professor Peter Fonagy: As the head of the Department of Psychology and Language Sciences at University College London, Peter is a renowned expert in many areas related to mental health research, including attachment theory and disorders, neuroscience, psychoanalytic ideas, and more. He is actively involved with organizations like the Anna Freud Centre, Mental Health Foundation, and other leading groups in the field of psychology.
Mental Health in UK
Though mental health is not a topic that is typically talked about in the UK, it is an issue that deserves to be addressed. Mental health problems can affect people of all ages, genders, and social backgrounds. They can range from mild to severe, and can have a significant impact on people’s lives.
Mental health problems can affect people of all ages, genders, and social backgrounds. They can range from mild to severe, and can have a significant impact on people’s lives. There are also lots of different programs and services available for people who need help in managing their mental health problems.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, UK
Common types of therapies in UK
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the UK and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in UK, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the UK in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in UK, Art Therapy in UK, Behavioral Therapy in UK, Contemplative Therapy in UK, Play Therapy in UK, EMDR Therapy in UK, Emotionally Focused Therapy in UK, Existential Therapy in UK, Experiential Therapy in UK, Gestalt Therapy in UK, Hypnotherapy Therapy in UK, Music Therapy Therapy in UK, Narrative Therapy in UK, Psychodynamic Therapy in UK, Psychoanalytic Therapy in UK, and Somatic Therapy in UK.
50,000+ Happy Clients from UK & the World
“I was feeling very anxious and worried. I did not know what to do and my parents were confused as well. Thanks to MantraCare, they found a therapist who helped me out. I have been seeing her for a while now and she has helped me so much.”
- Karen, UK
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in UK, you can book a trial session with us.
The cost of therapy in the UK can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the type of therapy, the therapist’s experience and qualifications, and the length of the session. However, as a general guide, you can expect to pay between £30 and £80 per session.
If you are a therapist from the UK or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing