Get help from top Psychologists in New Hampshire
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in New Hampshire
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in New Hampshire
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in New Hampshire
If you are looking for a psychologist in the New Hampshire area, you can find several qualified professionals who can help you with a range of issues. Some of the most common mental health conditions that psychologists may be able to help with include PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD.
If you are experiencing any of these conditions, it is important to seek out professional help as soon as possible. A psychologist can provide you with individualized treatment that will help improve your overall mental health and well-being. If you are looking for a psychologist near me in New Hampshire, be sure to check out the directory below.
Top Psychologist Near Me in New Hampshire
- Dr. Amanda Metzger is a clinical psychologist who specializes in treating children and adolescents with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and ADHD. She also conducts family therapy sessions for parents struggling with parenting challenges related to their child’s mental health condition.
- Dr. Tara Ziegler is a licensed clinical psychologist who practices in Portsmouth and Exeter, NH. She provides individual, family, and group therapy services to adults and children alike who are experiencing problems ranging from general anxiety to serious psychological disorders such as borderline personality disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Dr. Margot Savard, who has been working with patients for over two decades. She is known for her expertise in treating anxiety and depression, as well as other mental health issues.
- Dr. Paul Joyal is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and adolescents who have behavioral issues related to autism or Asperger’s syndrome. He also provides counseling services for parents of children with these conditions.
- Dr. John Meehan is a distinguished professor at UNH and the director of its Mood Disorders Program, which offers treatment for bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, seasonal affective disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. He has authored or co-authored several books on psychological topics, and his work has been featured in magazines and newspapers around the country.
Mental Health in New Hampshire
New Hampshire has long been considered a leader in mental health care. In recent years, however, the state has seen a rise in mental health problems, particularly among its young people.
One in five teenagers in New Hampshire suffers from a mental health disorder, and the state has the third highest rate of teen suicide in the country. In addition, nearly one-quarter of all adults in the state suffer from some form of mental illness.
The good news is that New Hampshire is taking steps to address these issues. The state has implemented several initiatives to improve access to mental health care and to support those who are struggling with mental health problems.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, New Hampshire
Common types of therapies in New Hampshire
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the New Hampshire and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in New Hampshire, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the New Hampshire in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in New Hampshire, Art Therapy in New Hampshire, Behavioral Therapy in New Hampshire, Contemplative Therapy in New Hampshire, Play Therapy in New Hampshire, EMDR Therapy in New Hampshire, Emotionally Focused Therapy in New Hampshire, Existential Therapy in New Hampshire, Experiential Therapy in New Hampshire, Gestalt Therapy in New Hampshire, Hypnotherapy Therapy in New Hampshire, Music Therapy Therapy in New Hampshire, Narrative Therapy in New Hampshire, Psychodynamic Therapy in New Hampshire, Psychoanalytic Therapy in New Hampshire, and Somatic Therapy in New Hampshire.
We serve almost all locations in New Hampshire
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in New Hampshire: Nashua, Manchester, Portsmouth, Dover, Concord, Rochester, Keene, Laconia, Lebanon, Claremont, Somersworth, Berlin, Franklin, South Hooksett, Suncook, East Merrimack, Pinardville
50,000+ Happy Clients from New Hampshire & the World
“The online therapy is such a great option for people with anxiety. My doctor referred me to this service, and I am so grateful for the help that it has provided me.”
- Karen, New Hampshire
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in New Hampshire, you can book a trial session with us.
In New Hampshire, therapy can be accessed through Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance. The average cost for therapy is $175 per session.
If you are a therapist from the New Hampshire or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in New Hampshire, USA including Hillsborough, Rockingham, Strafford, Merrimack, Cheshire, Belknap, Grafton, Sullivan, Coos