Get help from top Psychologists in Mississippi
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Mississippi
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Mississippi
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Mississippi
If you are struggling with any type of mental health issue, it is important to seek out professional help. A psychologist can provide excellent support and guidance as you work through your issues.
In many cases, psychologists can also treat other mental health conditions, such as PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), depression, anxiety, and OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder).
If you are in Mississippi and are looking for a psychologist, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help you find the right professional for your needs.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Mississippi
- Dr. Bradley G. Clegg is a highly qualified psychologist who has worked extensively in the field of mental health. He has a Doctor of Psychology degree from the University of Minnesota and has been practicing psychology for over 25 years. He is a member of the American Psychological Association and the Mississippi Psychological Association and has authored several books on mental health topics.
- Dr. Gaertner is a renowned psychoanalyst who has written extensively on the topic of Freudian psychoanalysis. His work has had a significant impact on the way that psychotherapy is practiced today, and he has also been involved in several groundbreaking research projects related to mental health care reform.
- Dr. John D. Marks is a world-renowned expert on criminal justice issues, and his work has had a significant impact on crime prevention strategies throughout the United States .
- Dr. Valerie Jameson specializes in cognitive behavior therapy and has experience working with a wide range of clients, including those dealing with anxiety, depression, and relationship issues. Her clinic offers affordable rates and provides ample opportunity for patients to connect with other members of the community.
- Stephanie Spangler is a licensed clinical psychologist with over 20 years of experience working with clients from all walks of life. She specializes in treating anxiety, depression, and related issues, and she provides individualized care for each patient.
- Adrienne Moseley is a licensed clinical psychologist who has worked extensively in the area of child psychology and adolescent therapy. Her treatments focus on helping children and adolescents overcome problems such as anxiety, depression, and ADHD.
Mental Health in Mississippi
A recent report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that Mississippi has the highest rate of mental illness in the country. The CDC study found that 20 percent of adults in Mississippi suffer from some form of mental illness, which is higher than the national average of 18 percent.
There are several reasons why so many people in Mississippi don’t get treatment for their mental illness. One reason is that there’s a lack of mental health providers in the state.
Another reason why so many people in Mississippi don’t get treatment for their mental illness is the cost of care. Mental health services can be expensive, and many people in Mississippi can’t afford them. In fact, Mississippi ranks near the bottom when it comes to access to mental health care, according to NAMI.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Mississippi
Common types of therapies in Mississippi
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Mississippi and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Mississippi, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Mississippi in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Mississippi, Art Therapy in Mississippi, Behavioral Therapy in Mississippi, Contemplative Therapy in Mississippi, Play Therapy in Mississippi, EMDR Therapy in Mississippi, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Mississippi, Existential Therapy in Mississippi, Experiential Therapy in Mississippi, Gestalt Therapy in Mississippi, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Mississippi, Music Therapy Therapy in Mississippi, Narrative Therapy in Mississippi, Psychodynamic Therapy in Mississippi, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Mississippi, and Somatic Therapy in Mississippi.
We serve almost all locations in Mississippi
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Mississippi: Jackson, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Southaven, Biloxi, Olive Branch, Tupelo, Meridian, Greenville, Oxford, Horn Lake, Pearl, Madison, Starkville, Clinton, Ridgeland, Brandon, Columbus, Vicksburg, Pascagoula, Gautier, Laurel, Ocean Springs, Hernando, Long Beach, Clarksdale, Natchez, Corinth, Greenwood, D’Iberville, Bay St. Louis, Moss Point, McComb, Grenada, Brookhaven, Canton, Byram, Cleveland, Picayune, Yazoo City, Petal, West Point, Indianola, Flowood, Gulf Hills, New Albany, Booneville, St. Martin, Diamondhead, Senatobia, Holly Springs, Richland, Batesville, Philadelphia, Amory, Kosciusko, Waveland, Gulf Park Estates, Latimer, Pass Christian, Pontotoc, Louisville, West Hattiesburg, Columbia, Forest, Leakesville, Aberdeen, Ripley, Saltillo, Vancleave, Waynesboro, Carthage, Crystal Springs, Ellisville, Wiggins, Florence, Magee, Winona, Pearl River, Fulton, Leland, New Hope, Hazlehurst, University, Morton, Mississippi State, Tutwiler, Houston, Water Valley, Newton, Verona
50,000+ Happy Clients from Mississippi & the World
“I was very depressed and hopeless. I was sick but had no one to help me figure out what was wrong with me. My family and friends were scared by my condition and didn’t know how to help me. Online therapy treatments have helped so much in my journey and I feel so much better now!”
- Karen, Mississippi
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Mississippi, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be incredibly beneficial for those struggling with mental health issues, but it can also be expensive. In Mississippi, therapy can cost anywhere from $30 to $200 per session, depending on the provider. Some clinics may offer sliding scales, while others may require patients to pay in full up front.
If you are a therapist from the Mississippi or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Mississippi, USA including Hinds, Harrison, Forrest, DeSoto, Lee, Lauderdale, Washington, Lafayette, Rankin, Madison, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Warren, Jackson, Jones, Coahoma, Adams, Alcorn, Leflore, Hancock, Pike, Grenada, Lincoln, Bolivar, Pearl River, Yazoo, Clay, Sunflower, Union, Prentiss, Tate, Marshall, Panola, Neshoba, Monroe, Attala, Pontotoc, Winston, Lamar, Marion, Scott, Greene, Tippah, Wayne, Leake, Copiah, Stone, Simpson, Montgomery, Itawamba, Tallahatchie, Chickasaw, Yalobusha, Newton