Get help from top Psychologists in New Orleans
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in New Orleans
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in New Orleans
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in New Orleans
If you are suffering from psychological issues such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, or stress, it is important to seek out professional help. However, finding a psychologist in New Orleans can be difficult.
To find a good psychologist in New Orleans, it is important to do your research. Review online reviews and speak with friends who have already sought out assistance from a therapist. The best way to find a therapist is through referral from another professional or through an online search engine.
Be sure to ask questions during your consultation so that you understand what the therapist is proposing and how it will benefit you specifically.
Top Psychologist Near Me in New Orleans
- Dr. Christy Glassman is a well-known psychologist in Louisville. She has been practicing for more than 20 years, and her specialty is counseling adults. She can help you deal with issues such as anxiety, depression, and addiction.
- Dr. Marilyn Hughes is another highly-rated psychologist in Louisville. She has worked with patients of all ages for more than 30 years. Her specialties include psychological assessment and diagnosis, trauma therapy, and couples therapy.
- Dr. David Finkelstein is a noted expert on bipolar disorder and ADHD. He specializes in working with children, adolescents, and adults who have these conditions. He also helps people who have suffered from abuse or trauma develop coping mechanisms and repair their relationships.
- Dr. Sabrina Rosenthal is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and families affected by mental illness or addiction. She also provides counseling services for people struggling with stress, anxiety, or other problems.
- Dr. Kathleen Weber is an expert on eating disorders, trauma, and an autism spectrum disorder. She can provide treatment for these conditions as well as psychological testing and consultation for families trying to understand their children
- Dr. Adrian Gartrell is a clinical psychologist with more than 20 years of experience in the field. He specializes in counseling adults, adolescents, and children with a range of issues, from anxiety to depression. Dr. Gartrell also has expertise in trauma-related disorders and has treated clients who have experienced sexual abuse or violence.
Mental Health in New Orleans
Mental health is an important issue in New Orleans. According to a recent study, one in five adults in New Orleans has a mental illness. This is higher than the national average of one in four.
There are many factors that can contribute to mental illness. Poverty, violence, and trauma are all major stressors that can lead to mental health problems. New Orleans has a high poverty rate, and it also has a high crime rate. These factors can make it difficult for people to cope with everyday life, and they can lead to serious mental health problems.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues, there are resources available to help.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, New Orleans
Common types of therapies in New Orleans
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the New Orleans and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in New Orleans, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the New Orleans in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in New Orleans, Art Therapy in New Orleans, Behavioral Therapy in New Orleans, Contemplative Therapy in New Orleans, Play Therapy in New Orleans, EMDR Therapy in New Orleans, Emotionally Focused Therapy in New Orleans, Existential Therapy in New Orleans, Experiential Therapy in New Orleans, Gestalt Therapy in New Orleans, Hypnotherapy Therapy in New Orleans, Music Therapy Therapy in New Orleans, Narrative Therapy in New Orleans, Psychodynamic Therapy in New Orleans, Psychoanalytic Therapy in New Orleans, and Somatic Therapy in New Orleans.
50,000+ Happy Clients from New Orleans & the World
“I have tried just about every other form of therapy with little to no success. I found that MantraCare helped me overcome my anxiety and depression. Now I am in a much better place.”
- Karen, New Orleans
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in New Orleans, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be expensive in New Orleans, depending on the provider and the type of therapy. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can cost as much as $175 per session, while medication therapy for bipolar disorder can range from about $15 to $60 per day.
If you are a therapist from the New Orleans or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing