Get help from top Psychologists in Alaska
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Alaska
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Alaska
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Alaska
Looking for a psychologist in Alaska? There are plenty of options available, depending on your needs. Some psychologists specialize in treating specific disorders, like PTSD or depression, while others may focus on general mental health issues like anxiety or stress.
Whichever option you choose, be sure to find a therapist who is experienced and qualified in treating these issues. If you’re suffering from any type of psychological distress, don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Alaska
- Dr. Shawna McClung is a clinical psychologist who has experience working with children and families. She is also certified in family therapy and conducts individual and group therapy sessions. Her practice focuses on helping people deal with stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. Dr. McClung is a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Alaska Psychological Association (APA).
- Dr. Melissa Rachael Ross is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in working with couples and families. She has extensive experience working with problems such as communication difficulties, relationship conflict, parenting challenges, financial stress, and trauma histories. Her practice also includes counseling for individuals suffering from anxiety or depression. Dr. Ross is a member of the APA and the Alaska Psychological Association (APA).
- Dr. Patricia Greenwald is a therapist who has worked with adults for over twenty years, and she specializes in treating anxiety and depression. Dr. Kimberly McBride is a therapist who has also worked with children for over twenty years, and she specializes in treating developmental issues like ADHD and autism. Finally, Dr. Deborah Riggs works mainly with couples therapy but she also offers individual sessions as well as group sessions, which makes her perfect
- Dr. Stephanie E. Seligman is a leading psychologist who has expertise in treating depression and anxiety disorders, as well as traumatic stress disorder. She is also an expert on self-compassion and mindful living, which makes her a valuable resource for those struggling with mental health issues.
- Dr. Jacqueline R. Barrett is a highly respected psychologist who specializes in child and adolescent psychology, family therapy, and marital counseling. She has authored several books on the subject, and her work has been featured in The New York Times and The Washington Post.
Mental Health in Alaska
Mental health is an important issue in Alaska. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, Alaska has the highest rate of suicide in the United States. In 2015, there were a total of 84 suicides in Alaska. This means that the suicide rate in Alaska was more than twice the national average.
There are many factors that contribute to mental health problems in Alaska. One of the most significant is the high rate of alcohol abuse in the state. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Alaska has the third highest rate of alcohol abuse in the country. Alcohol abuse can lead to a number of mental health problems, including depression and anxiety.
Other factors that contribute to mental health problems in Alaska include poverty, domestic violence, and sexual assault. These issues can lead to a number of mental health problems, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Alaska
Common types of therapies in Alaska
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Alaska and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Alaska, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Alaska in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Alaska, Art Therapy in Alaska, Behavioral Therapy in Alaska, Contemplative Therapy in Alaska, Play Therapy in Alaska, EMDR Therapy in Alaska, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Alaska, Existential Therapy in Alaska, Experiential Therapy in Alaska, Gestalt Therapy in Alaska, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Alaska, Music Therapy Therapy in Alaska, Narrative Therapy in Alaska, Psychodynamic Therapy in Alaska, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Alaska, and Somatic Therapy in Alaska.
We serve almost all locations in Alaska
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Alaska: Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Badger, Knik-Fairview, College, Wasilla, Tanaina, North Lakes, Sitka, Kalifornsky, Meadow Lakes, Ketchikan, Kenai, Steele Creek, Palmer, Bethel, South Lakes, Kodiak, Gateway, Chena Ridge, Homer, Sterling, Farmers Loop, Fishhook, Unalaska, Soldotna, Utqiagvik, Nikiski, Mill Bay, Butte, Nome, Valdez, Eielson AFB, Goldstream, Kotzebue, Petersburg
50,000+ Happy Clients from Alaska & the World
“I had tried many therapy services before but this one is by far the best. They are caring, understanding and polite. I would recommend their service to everyone.”
- Karen, Alaska
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Alaska, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be an extremely beneficial form of treatment for a variety of mental health issues. However, depending on the location and type of therapy, it can also be quite expensive. In Alaska, for example, therapy can cost upwards of $200 per session. This is far higher than the average cost in other states. While this may be prohibitive for some individuals, therapy can be an incredibly helpful way to cope with mental health issues.
If you are a therapist from the Alaska or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Alaska, USA including Anchorage, Fairbanks North Star, Juneau, Matanuska-Susitna, Sitka, Kenai Peninsula, Ketchikan Gateway, Bethel, Kodiak Island, Aleutians West, North Slope, Nome, Chugach, Northwest Arctic, Petersburg