Get help from top Psychologists in Alabama
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Alabama
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Alabama
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Alabama
Are you feeling stressed out and overwhelmed? Do you find yourself ruminating about the past or worrying about the future more than usual? If so, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD can be a serious condition that can impact your life in many ways.
If you’re struggling with PTSD, it’s important to seek help. A psychologist can provide support and guidance as you work through your symptoms. They can also help teach you coping mechanisms and strategies for dealing with stress in the future. If you’re looking for a psychologist in Alabama, please feel free to contact us at our office. We would be happy to recommend someone who is qualified to help you.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Alabama
- Dr. Haleigh Poteet is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in treating anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health conditions. She has worked with patients from Birmingham, Hoover, Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, and throughout Alabama. Her clinic is located in Tuscaloosa.
- Dr. John Cassaro is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing for more than 25 years. He specializes in treating anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, mood stabilization treatment for adults and children, stress management counseling, and ADHD evaluations and treatment plans. His clinic is located in Huntsville.
- Drs. Karen Bowersox and Ann White are both licensed clinical psychologists who work together as a team at their practice called The Psychological Partnership LLC. They specialize in treating a variety of mental health conditions including anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, OCD/ Tourette’s syndrome/ chronic pain syndromes , addiction issues such as cigarette smoking cessation and gambling problems , relationship problems , parenting challenges , trauma-related issues , career transitions , among others . Their clinic is located in Birmingham
- Dr. Richard Freeman is a clinical psychologist who provides counseling services for children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families across southeastern Alabama. His approach focuses on helping individuals explore their feelings and thoughts in an open and safe setting – which can be helpful for addressing any issues related to mental health or trauma exposure.
- Dr. Douglas Berman is a clinical psychologist who specializes in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). Dr. Berman’s experience working with a diverse range of patients makes him an excellent choice for anyone seeking help for depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues. He also offers consultation services to businesses and organizations that want to improve their employee morale and productivity.
Mental Health in Alabama
Mental health is an important issue in Alabama. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, 1 in 5 adults in the United States experiences a mental illness. In Alabama, that number is even higher, with 1 in 4 adults experiencing a mental illness.
Mental health is often stigmatized, which can make it difficult for people to seek help. Unfortunately, this stigma can prevent people from getting the treatment they need.
There are many resources available for people with mental illness in Alabama. The Alabama Department of Mental Health provides services for adults and children with mental illness. They also have a crisis line that is available 24/7. If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, there is help available. You are not alone.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Alabama
Common types of therapies in Alabama
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Alabama and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Alabama, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Alabama in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Alabama, Art Therapy in Alabama, Behavioral Therapy in Alabama, Contemplative Therapy in Alabama, Play Therapy in Alabama, EMDR Therapy in Alabama, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Alabama, Existential Therapy in Alabama, Experiential Therapy in Alabama, Gestalt Therapy in Alabama, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Alabama, Music Therapy Therapy in Alabama, Narrative Therapy in Alabama, Psychodynamic Therapy in Alabama, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Alabama, and Somatic Therapy in Alabama.
We serve almost all locations in Alabama
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Alabama: Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Hoover, Florence, Anniston, Auburn, Decatur, Dothan, Madison, Prattville, Phenix City, Gadsden, Vestavia Hills, Alabaster, Opelika, Enterprise, Athens, Daphne, Bessemer, Northport, Homewood, Pelham, Trussville, Fairhope, Albertville, Prichard, Oxford, Mountain Brook, Foley, Troy, Helena, Selma, Tillmans Corner, Cullman,
Millbrook, Center Point, Hueytown, Talladega, Saraland, Alexander City, Scottsboro, Hartselle, Muscle Shoals, Ozark, Calera, Pell City, Fort Payne, Gardendale, Chelsea, Jasper, Irondale, Moody, Jacksonville, Leeds, Gulf Shores, Sylacauga, McCalla, Eufaula, Fairfield, Saks, Meadowbrook, Clay, Russellville, Pike Road, Pleasant Grove, Rainbow City, Boaz, Bay Minette, Atmore, Fultondale, Valley, Spanish Fort, Sheffield, Southside, Clanton, Andalusia, Forestdale, Guntersville, Tuscumbia, Tuskegee, Arab, Wetumpka, Brook Highland, Meridianville, Greenville, Pinson, Montevallo, Lincoln, Robertsdale, Demopolis, Hamilton, Oneonta, Opp, Lanett, Tarrant, Satsuma, Orange Beach, Theodore, Highland Lakes, Roanoke, Attalla, Smiths Station, Monroeville, Grayson Valley, Semmes, Chickasaw, Harvest, Fort Rucker, Moores Mill, Brewton, Daleville, Glencoe, Rainsville, Midfield, Margaret, Childersburg, Tallassee, Brent, Jackson, Headland, Redland, Columbiana, Piedmont, Holtville, Winfield, Springville, Holt, Fayette, Argo, Geneva, Adamsville, Hokes Bluff, Alexandria, Haleyville, Mount Olive, Citronelle, Thomasville, Elba, Grand Bay, Odenville, Priceville, Hazel Green, Valley Grande, Pine Level, Ladonia, Evergreen, Centre, Kimberly, West End-Cobb Town, Union Springs, Heflin, Hanceville, Cottondale, Livingston, Choccolocco, Moulton, Warrior, Marion, Red Bay
50,000+ Happy Clients from Alabama & the World
“It’s really hard to find a good therapist, but the team is amazing. I had the best experience ever.”
- Karen, Alabama
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Alabama, you can book a trial session with us.
Generally speaking, therapy in Alabama can range in price from around $50 per hour to upwards of $200 per session. While these prices may seem high at first, consider that many therapists offer discounted rates for patients who are paying out of pocket. Additionally, many insurance companies now offer coverage for therapy sessions, making it possible for more people to access this important form of care.
If you are a therapist from the Alabama or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Alabama, USA including Jefferson, Mobile, Madison, Montgomery, Tuscaloosa, Lauderdale, Calhoun, Lee, Morgan, Houston, Autauga, Russell, Etowah, Shelby, Coffee, Limestone, Baldwin, Marshall, Pike, Dallas, Cullman, Elmore, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Jackson, Colbert, Dale, St. Clair, DeKalb, Walker, Barbour, Franklin, Escambia, Chambers, Chilton, Covington, Macon, Butler, Marengo, Marion, Blount, Randolph, Monroe, Bibb, Clarke, Henry, Fayette, Geneva, Winston, Conecuh, Cherokee, Bullock, Cleburne, Sumter, Lawrence, Perry