Get help from top Psychologists in Portugal
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Portugal
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Portugal
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Portugal
If you’re looking for a psychologist in Portugal, you’ve come to the right place! Here, we’ll provide you with a list of psychologists who are located near you.
Each psychologist on our list is licensed and certified by the Portuguese Psychological Association (APA). In addition, each psychologist has undergone robust training in clinical psychology, which ensures that they have the skills and knowledge to provide quality psychological services.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call and schedule a consultation with one of our psychologists!
Top Psychologist Near Me in Portugal
- Lídia Rodrigues is a therapist with over 20 years of experience working with clients from all walks of life. She offers comprehensive therapy services that focus on helping clients deal with issues such as anxiety, depression, and trauma. Lídia Rodrigues is based out of her own private practice in Lisbon, and she is available for appointments Monday through Saturday.
- Rui Vicente is a therapist who has worked extensively with people suffering from anxiety and depression. He offers sessions that are tailored to each individual’s needs, and he also provides support following treatment sessions. Rui Vicente is based out of his own private practice in Porto, and he is available for appointments Monday through Saturday.
- Ana Paula Cunha is a therapist who specializes in treating anxiety and depression. She has more than 10 years of experience working with patients and has published several articles on the subject.
- Manuela Figueiredo is a therapist who helps people deal with issues such as relationship problems, stress, and trauma. She has more than 10 years of experience working with patients and has published several articles on the subject.
- Helena Soares is a therapist who specializes in treating anxiety and depression. She has more than 10 years of experience working with patients and has published several articles on the subject.
Mental Health in Portugal
Mental health in Portugal is a growing concern. According to the World Health Organization, one in four adults in Portugal suffers from a mental health condition. This prevalence is higher than the average for Europe, and mental health conditions are the leading cause of disability in Portugal.
Depression is the most common mental health condition in Portugal, followed by anxiety and substance use disorders. Suicide rates in Portugal are also relatively high, particularly among young people.
The Portuguese government has made mental health a priority in recent years, and has invested heavily in improving mental health services. However, there is still a lack of access to quality care, particularly in rural areas. There is also a need for more trained mental health professionals, as well as more public awareness of mental health issues.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Portugal
Common types of therapies in Portugal
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Portugal and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Portugal, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Portugal in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Portugal, Art Therapy in Portugal, Behavioral Therapy in Portugal, Contemplative Therapy in Portugal, Play Therapy in Portugal, EMDR Therapy in Portugal, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Portugal, Existential Therapy in Portugal, Experiential Therapy in Portugal, Gestalt Therapy in Portugal, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Portugal, Music Therapy Therapy in Portugal, Narrative Therapy in Portugal, Psychodynamic Therapy in Portugal, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Portugal, and Somatic Therapy in Portugal.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Portugal & the World
“MantraCare has helped me understand how the mind and body work in an effective way and has empowered me in such a profound way. I recommend MantraCare to anyone struggling with any kind of mental illness.”
- Karen, Portugal
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Portugal, you can book a trial session with us.
The average cost of a private session is €80-100, while the average cost of a session with a government-employed therapist is €50-60. If you’re looking for a cheaper option, there are many low-cost or free counseling services available through charities or community organizations.
If you are a therapist from the Portugal or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing