Get help from top Psychologists in Porto
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Porto
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Porto
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Porto
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to how to recover from psychological trauma, as the experience will vary depending on the individual. However, many people find relief from symptoms by seeking out help from a psychologist.
Psychologists specialize in helping people overcome psychological issues such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress. They can provide support and guidance during the healing process, and may also be able to prescribe medication if required. If you are struggling with any of these issues, please don’t hesitate to seek out professional help.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Porto
- Dr. Dora Cabral is a leading psychologist and expert on autism spectrum disorders. She has worked with many patients over the years, and her work has been highly praised by both specialists and laypeople alike.
- Dr. Margarida Silva is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with people suffering from anxiety and depression. Her approach is insightful and effective, and she has helped countless clients overcome their problems.
- Dr. Ana Paula Vieira is one of Portugal’s foremost experts on psychotherapy for adolescents and young adults. Her clinics offer highly specialized care for those under the age of 30, and her treatments have been well-received by clients and experts alike.
- Dr. Helena Costa is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with patients affected by anxiety and depression. She also has experience working with transgender patients, and is highly sought-after by clients seeking psychological help.
- Isabel Cristina Albuquerque Silva is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and adolescents. She has worked with patients from all over Portugal and Spain, as well as countries in North Africa and Latin America.
Mental Health in Porto
Mental health is a major issue in Porto, as it is in most cities around the world. In Portugal, mental health is not considered a social problem like it is in some other European countries. Mental health problems are more often seen as personal failings or weaknesses. This is partly because of the way that Portugal has traditionally viewed psychiatry, which has been seen as a medical specialty rather than a social one.
Mental health problems can arise from many sources, including chronic stress, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and anxiety disorders. There is also a high rate of suicide in Porto. Suicide rates are higher among young people and among men. The main reason for suicide is not always known, but there are many possible factors, including depression, relationship difficulties, financial problems, and drug and alcohol abuse.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Porto
Common types of therapies in Porto
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Porto and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Porto, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Porto in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Porto, Art Therapy in Porto, Behavioral Therapy in Porto, Contemplative Therapy in Porto, Play Therapy in Porto, EMDR Therapy in Porto, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Porto, Existential Therapy in Porto, Experiential Therapy in Porto, Gestalt Therapy in Porto, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Porto, Music Therapy Therapy in Porto, Narrative Therapy in Porto, Psychodynamic Therapy in Porto, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Porto, and Somatic Therapy in Porto.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Porto & the World
“Dr. Puhalo is really nice and kind. He was able to understand my problems easily and gave me clear solutions. And I am happy with everything he did.”
- Karen, Porto
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Porto, you can book a trial session with us.
There are many therapeutic options to choose from, and depending on the therapist, treatment can range from €10 to €60 per hour.
If you are a therapist from the Porto or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing