Get help from top Psychologists in Stavanger / Sandnes
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Stavanger / Sandnes
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Stavanger / Sandnes
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Stavanger / Sandnes
If you are experiencing problems with anxiety, depression, stress, or obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), a psychologist can be an invaluable resource. A psychologist can help you to understand and manage your symptoms, as well as provide support during difficult times.
There are many types of psychologists, so it is important to find one who is specifically suited to your needs. Some psychologists specialize in treating PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD, while others may focus on different issues. It is important to speak with a psychologist about what would be best for you and your specific situation.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Stavanger / Sandnes
- Dr. Ingrid Lunde Johansen is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing in Stavanger and Sandnes since 1997. She specializes in counseling and psychotherapy, as well as providing psychological services to children, adolescents, and adults. Her clinic is well-equipped and highly respected within the community.
- Dr. Lars Erik Heim is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing in Stavanger and Sandnes since 2006. He specializes in psychiatric therapy, ADHD/ADD treatment, family therapy, and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). His clinic enjoys an excellent reputation for its high-quality services and personal touch.
- Dr. Marianne Røsland is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing in Stavanger since 2007. She specializes in working with individuals suffering from anxiety, depression, stress disorders, addictions, mood swings, relationship problems, and more. Her clinic offers comprehensive services that are geared toward addressing each individual’s unique needs.
- Dr. Mette Moen is a clinical psychologist with over 20 years of experience working with clients from all walks of life. She specializes in treating anxiety, depression, and stress-related issues, as well as providing guidance on coping mechanisms and solving problems.
- Dr. Signe Johansen has been practicing psychology for over 25 years and has worked with a wide range of clients, including those suffering from anxiety, depression, addiction, and relationship issues. She offers individualized treatment plans that focus on achieving long-term results.
Mental Health in Stavanger / Sandnes
It is estimated that one in four people in Norway will experience mental health problems at some point in their lives. In a large city like Stavanger/Sandnes, this number is likely to be even higher. Mental health is a broad term that can refer to a variety of different conditions, ranging from anxiety and depression to more serious disorders such as schizophrenia.
There are many different factors that can contribute to mental health problems, including genetics, environment, and lifestyle choices. Stressful life events, such as job loss or divorce, can also trigger mental health issues. It is important to remember that mental health is not static – it can fluctuate over time, and people can recover from mental illness with the right support.
If you are struggling with your mental health, there are many resources available to help you. Your GP should be your first port of call, and they can refer you to specialist services if necessary. There are also a number of charities and support groups in Stavanger/Sandnes that can offer advice and practical help.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Stavanger / Sandnes
Common types of therapies in Stavanger / Sandnes
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Stavanger / Sandnes and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Stavanger / Sandnes, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Stavanger / Sandnes in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Art Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Behavioral Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Contemplative Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Play Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, EMDR Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Existential Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Experiential Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Gestalt Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Music Therapy Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Narrative Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Psychodynamic Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes, and Somatic Therapy in Stavanger / Sandnes.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Stavanger / Sandnes & the World
“I have been suffering from depression for a long time, and I tried everything I could to help me. After many trials and errors, Mantracare is the best therapy for me.”
- Karen, Stavanger / Sandnes
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Stavanger / Sandnes, you can book a trial session with us.
Generally, therapy takes place in individual sessions or group sessions. The average cost of therapy per session is kr. 2500 (approximately $350), though this can vary depending on the therapist and the type of therapy being provided.
If you are a therapist from the Stavanger / Sandnes or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing