Get help from top Psychologists in Nigeria
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Nigeria
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Nigeria
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Nigeria
There are many psychologists in Nigeria, but not all of them offer the same services. If you’re looking for someone to help with issues like anxiety, depression, or relationship problems, you’ll want to find a psychologist who specializes in those areas. Here are some tips on how to find a psychologist near you in Nigeria:
1. Ask around. You can search for psychologists by city or by specialty, so it’s important to ask around and see who people recommend.
2. Check online directories. There are many online directories that list psychologists who offer specialized services in Nigeria. You can find directories like the Nigeria Directory of Psychologists and the Nigerian Association of Clinical Psychologists’ Directory of Specialists.
3. Ask your doctor. If you’re already seeing a doctor about mental health issues, ask if they know of any psychologists who could help you. Often doctors can refer patients to psychologists they know and trust.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Nigeria
- Dr. Kwame Iddrisu-Doku is a psychotherapist who has worked extensively with people suffering from mental health issues. He offers a range of services including individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
- Grace Okonkwo is a psychotherapist who specializes in treating anxiety and depression. She offers individual and group therapy sessions, as well as workshops on stress management and healthy living.
- Kehinde Bamigboye is a therapist who specializes in helping people dealing with depression, PTSD, and addiction. He offers individual and group therapy sessions, as well as counselling services for children and adolescents.
- Nwachukwu Chidi Chukwu is a certified clinical social worker and therapist who has worked extensively in the mental health field. She specializes in treating anxiety, depression, and PTSD, as well as other mental health issues. She also offers counseling sessions for couples and family therapy.
- Ajibade Kolapo is a therapist who has worked extensively in the field of mental health care. He specializes in treating anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health issues. He also offers counseling sessions for couples and family therapy.
- Adeyemi Rasaq Adesina is a therapist who has worked extensively in the field of mental health care. He specializes in treating anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health issues. He also offers counseling sessions for couples and family therapy.
Mental Health in Nigeria
There is a lack of awareness about mental health in Nigeria. Mental health is often seen as a taboo topic and is not openly discussed. This can make it difficult for people to seek help and support.There is a high prevalence of mental health disorders in Nigeria. According to the World Health Organization, one in four Nigerians will experience a mental health disorder at some point in their lives. The most common mental health disorders include depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The causes of mental health disorders in Nigeria are complex and multi-layered. Poverty, conflict, and insecurity are some of the major drivers of mental ill-health in the country. Other contributing factors include gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Nigeria
Common types of therapies in Nigeria
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Nigeria and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Nigeria, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Nigeria in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Nigeria, Art Therapy in Nigeria, Behavioral Therapy in Nigeria, Contemplative Therapy in Nigeria, Play Therapy in Nigeria, EMDR Therapy in Nigeria, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Nigeria, Existential Therapy in Nigeria, Experiential Therapy in Nigeria, Gestalt Therapy in Nigeria, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Nigeria, Music Therapy Therapy in Nigeria, Narrative Therapy in Nigeria, Psychodynamic Therapy in Nigeria, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Nigeria, and Somatic Therapy in Nigeria.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Nigeria & the World
“To be honest, I was skeptical about the online therapy treatment by MantraCare in Nigeria. I had no idea how it would be like and really did not know if it would work. However, after giving it a try, I was convinced that I needed to continue going through the therapy. At first it was not easy but as time went on, things started getting better.”
- Karen, Nigeria
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Nigeria, you can book a trial session with us.
The cost of therapy in Nigeria can vary depending on the type of therapy and the therapist you see. Individual therapy sessions can range from 1500-4000 naira per session, while group therapy sessions can range from 3000-6000 naira per session.
If you are a therapist from the Nigeria or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing