Get help from top Psychologists in Greece
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Greece
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Greece
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Greece
Psychologists in Greece offer a variety of services, such as therapy, counseling, and mental health assessments. If you need help dealing with problems like anxiety or depression, a psychologist may be a good option for you. To find a psychologist near you in Greece, you can use the directory below.
There are many licensed psychologists in Greece. Most professional associations maintain listings of psychologists who are members of their respective organizations. In addition, most cities have directories of mental health professionals. When searching for a psychologist, it is important to find someone who is experienced in treating children and adults. It is also important to find a psychologist who speaks your native language.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Greece
- Katia Kounadou is a therapist with over 20 years of experience. She is based in Athens and has worked with clients from all over the world. Her therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy, somatic therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
- Dimitris Yiannakopoulos is a therapist who has been practicing for over 25 years. He is based in Athens and specializes in treating anxiety, depression, stress, trauma, and relationship issues. His therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, and family therapy.
- Despina Papadopoulou is a therapist with more than 15 years of experience. She is based in Thessaloniki and specializes in treating anxiety, depression, stress, trauma, and relationship issues. Her therapies include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, exposure-based treatment, and mindfulness-based treatment.
- Christos Giannakouris is a therapist who has been practicing for over 20 years. He is based in Athens and specializes in treating anxiety disorders, depression disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anna Papageorgiou is a therapist who offers outpatient therapy sessions for people with mental health issues. She has experience working with clients from a variety of backgrounds, including those who are struggling with anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. Her sessions are tailored to meet the needs of each individual and she also offers group therapy sessions.
- Aristomenis Dimitrakopoulos is a therapist who specializes in treating anxiety and depression. He offers individual sessions as well as group therapy sessions that cater to both children and adults. His approach is based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and he has years of experience working with patients from all over Greece.
Mental Health in Greece
Mental health in Greece has been a topic of discussion for many years. The mental health system in Greece is underdeveloped and there is a lack of resources. This has led to a high number of people with mental illness not receiving treatment.
There are a number of reasons why mental health in Greece is such a problem. The economic crisis has had a major impact on the mental health of the population. There has been an increase in unemployment, poverty and homelessness. This has put a lot of strain on families and individuals.
The Greek government has cut spending on health care, including mental health care. This has made it difficult for people with mental illness to get the help they need. There are also cultural factors that contribute to the problem. Mental illness is still stigmatized in Greece and many people are reluctant to seek help because of the shame associated with it.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Greece
Common types of therapies in Greece
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Greece and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Greece, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Greece in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Greece, Art Therapy in Greece, Behavioral Therapy in Greece, Contemplative Therapy in Greece, Play Therapy in Greece, EMDR Therapy in Greece, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Greece, Existential Therapy in Greece, Experiential Therapy in Greece, Gestalt Therapy in Greece, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Greece, Music Therapy Therapy in Greece, Narrative Therapy in Greece, Psychodynamic Therapy in Greece, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Greece, and Somatic Therapy in Greece.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Greece & the World
“I was really impressed with the ease of the system and how easy it was to understand. The therapist was so friendly and understanding. I am really grateful that I found Mantracare.”
- Karen, Greece
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Greece, you can book a trial session with us.
If you are seeking individual therapy, the average cost per session is 50-60 euros. If you are seeking couples or family therapy, the average cost per session is 70-80 euros. For group therapy, the average cost per session is 30-40 euros.
If you are a therapist from the Greece or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing