Get help from top Psychologists in Richmond
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Richmond
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Richmond
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Richmond
If you are looking for a psychologist in the Richmond area, you may want to consider contacting a professional who specializes in treating PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress-related issues. While there is not one psychologist who can treat all these conditions effectively, working with a specialist can help improve your overall well-being.
If you are experiencing symptoms of PTSD, depression, anxiety, or stress, don’t hesitate to seek out help. A psychologist can provide you with treatment options and advice that can help improve your life significantly.
If you are interested in finding a psychologist in the Richmond area who specializes in treating these conditions, contact our office today.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Richmond
- Dr. Surya Parikh is a clinical psychologist who has been working in Richmond for over 15 years. Her practice focuses on providing individualized treatment plans for her patients, which she believes is key to success.
- Dr. Nabeela Khan is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in working with individuals who have experienced trauma or abuse.
- Dr. Jeffery Rabinowitz is a psychotherapist who specializes in treating anxiety and depression. He offers individual sessions as well as group therapy sessions, and he also provides online counseling.
- Dr. Rachelle Katz is a therapist who specializes in working with couples and families. She helps people resolve issues that are causing tension in their relationships and helps them develop long-term solutions. She offers individual sessions, group therapy sessions, and online counseling services.
- Dr. David Solomon is a psychiatrist who specializes in treating mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, PTSD, OCD, ADHD, etcetera. He offers individual sessions as well as group therapy sessions and online counseling services to his patients.
- Drs. Laura Ahern & Lindsay Weatherstone are both clinical psychologists who offer individual therapy sessions as well as group therapy sessions for children and adults alike. They use integrative techniques such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and schema-focused psychotherapy (SFP) to help their patients improve their lives drastically.
Mental Health in Richmond
Mental health is an important issue in any community, and Richmond is no exception. According to the Virginia Department of Health, one in five adults in Virginia suffers from a mental illness. This means that there are approximately 200,000 adults in Richmond who suffer from a mental illness.
Mental illness can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, trauma, and stress. Mental illness can lead to a number of problems, including difficulty keeping a job, problems with relationships, and substance abuse.
There are a number of resources available for people who suffer from mental illness in Richmond. If you or someone you know is suffering from mental illness, there is help available. You are not alone.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Richmond
Common types of therapies in Richmond
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Richmond and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Richmond, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Richmond in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Richmond, Art Therapy in Richmond, Behavioral Therapy in Richmond, Contemplative Therapy in Richmond, Play Therapy in Richmond, EMDR Therapy in Richmond, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Richmond, Existential Therapy in Richmond, Experiential Therapy in Richmond, Gestalt Therapy in Richmond, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Richmond, Music Therapy Therapy in Richmond, Narrative Therapy in Richmond, Psychodynamic Therapy in Richmond, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Richmond, and Somatic Therapy in Richmond.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Richmond & the World
“I can see how much difference MantraCare has made in my own life through their online therapy treatment. It is such an easy and effective way to get help with anxiety, depression, PTSD, addiction, grief, or any other mental health issues.”
- Karen, Richmond
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Richmond, you can book a trial session with us.
In Richmond, therapy can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 per session. However, the cost of therapy can vary depending on the provider and the type of therapy being offered.
If you are a therapist from the Richmond or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing