Get help from top Psychologists in Providence
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Providence
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Providence
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Providence
If you are struggling with any type of mental health issue, it is important to seek out professional help. There are many psychologists in the Providence area who can help you get on the path to healing.
Some of the most common issues that psychologists can help with include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and OCD. If you are experiencing any of these conditions, a psychologist can provide you with individualized therapy and guidance. They will also be able to offer support during times of grief and anger.
If you are interested in finding a psychologist in Providence, feel free to search online or contact your local human resources department. There is no shame in seeking out professional help, and the benefits of treatment can be life-changing.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Providence
- Dr. Lisa A. Kramarczyk is a clinical psychologist who has extensive experience working with children and families. She has particular expertise in treating anxiety, bipolar disorder, and ADHD, and she also offers to counsel veterans and their families.
- Dr. Kenneth J. Dutton is a nationally-renowned authority on personality disorders, and he has provided expert consultation to both law enforcement agencies and private businesses across the country. He has worked extensively with individuals struggling with addiction, stress management, depression, and more.
- Dr. Toni Weschler is an internationally-recognized expert on trauma recovery and mental health care for military personnel and their families. She provides individual therapy as well as group counseling sessions aimed at helping people heal from difficult experiences such as combat trauma or sexual abuse.
- Dr. Lisa Saffitz is a licensed therapist who specializes in child development issues such as autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, anxiety, depression, OCD, etcetera. She also offers family therapy sessions that can help parents deal with problems such as conflict within the family or occasional behavioral issues from their children .
- Dr. Barbara D’Angelo is a clinical psychologist who has been working in the area for over 20 years. She is well-known for her expertise in treating anxiety and depression, as well as other mental health issues.
Mental Health in Providence
Mental health is an important issue in any community, and Providence is no exception. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), one in five adults in the U.S. experiences mental illness in any given year. In Providence, NAMI reports that 20% of residents live with a mental illness.
Mental health conditions can impact anyone, regardless of age, income, or background. Mental illness can be caused by a variety of factors, including biology, family history, and life experiences. trauma left untreated, mental illness can lead to serious consequences, including suicide. In Rhode Island, suicide is the second leading cause of death for people ages 10-24.
There are many organizations in Providence that provide support and resources for those struggling with mental illness and their loved ones. These include NAMI Rhode Island, Mental Health America of Rhode Island, and The Samaritans of Rhode Island. If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, there is help available.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Providence
Common types of therapies in Providence
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Providence and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Providence, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Providence in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Providence, Art Therapy in Providence, Behavioral Therapy in Providence, Contemplative Therapy in Providence, Play Therapy in Providence, EMDR Therapy in Providence, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Providence, Existential Therapy in Providence, Experiential Therapy in Providence, Gestalt Therapy in Providence, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Providence, Music Therapy Therapy in Providence, Narrative Therapy in Providence, Psychodynamic Therapy in Providence, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Providence, and Somatic Therapy in Providence.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Providence & the World
“MantraCare is a great service for when you are overwhelmed and just need to talk. They have free sessions, as well as scheduled ones where they go over what your current thoughts and feelings might be.”
- Karen, Providence
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Providence, you can book a trial session with us.
Online therapy in Providence can be a cost-effective way to get the help you need. The average cost for online therapy is $50 per hour. This price may vary depending on the therapist and the type of therapy being offered. You can find therapists in your area by using online services like Yelp or Google.
If you are a therapist from the Providence or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing