Get help from top Psychologists in Portland
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Portland
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Portland
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Portland
If you are looking for a psychologist who can help you deal with your psychological issues, then you may want to consider contacting a psychologist near me in Portland. Psychologists who specialize in treating psychological disorders like PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress are essential for anyone seeking relief from their symptoms.
While some people may find that working with a psychologist is helpful on its own, others may find that additional therapy is necessary in order to fully recover from their psychological challenges. If this is the case for you, be sure to inquire about treatment options available at your local facility. Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about seeking professional help, do not hesitate to reach out for advice.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Portland
- Dr. Shawna Larkin is highly respected and has been providing counseling and therapy services to individuals and families for over 20 years. She has a wealth of experience to share with her clients, and she is passionate about helping people achieve their fullest potential.
- John Medina is another highly qualified psychologist who practice in the Portland area. He has extensive training in neuropsychology and clinical psychology, which allows him toaddress various issues from a variety of angles. His patients appreciate his ability to listen carefully and help them explore all avenues of possible solutions.
- Dr. Deborah Serani is one of the newest psychologists on the block, but she’s quickly gaining a reputation for providing high-quality services. She specializes in trauma work, which can be incredibly helpful for those struggling with past experiences. Her approach is sensitive and effective, making her an ideal therapist for anyone seeking help.
- Dr. Stephanie Lyons is a licensed psychologist who specializes in cognitive therapy and integrative neuropsychology. She has worked with clients from all walks of life, including veterans, college students, and families. Her clinic is located in Northwest Portland.
- Dr. Lisa Edwards is a licensed psychologist who specializes in working with children and adolescents. She has been working as a pediatric psychologist since 2009 and has worked with both private and public schools throughout the state of Oregon. Drs. Edwards and Lyons are both members of the American Psychological Association (APA).
Mental Health in Portland
Mental health is a significant issue in Portland and the surrounding metro area. According to a report by the Oregon Health Authority, one in five adults in the Portland metro area experiences a mental illness in any given year. This number is even higher for youth, with one in eight experiencing a mental illness.
There are many factors that contribute to mental health problems in Portland. The city has a high cost of living, which can lead to financial stress. There is also a lot of competition for jobs, which can create anxiety and stress. The weather can also play a role, as the long, dark winters can lead to seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
Fortunately, there are many resources available for people struggling with mental health issues in Portland. There are several hospitals and clinics that offer mental health services. There are also many support groups and counseling services available. If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, there is help available.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Portland
Common types of therapies in Portland
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Portland and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Portland, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Portland in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Portland, Art Therapy in Portland, Behavioral Therapy in Portland, Contemplative Therapy in Portland, Play Therapy in Portland, EMDR Therapy in Portland, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Portland, Existential Therapy in Portland, Experiential Therapy in Portland, Gestalt Therapy in Portland, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Portland, Music Therapy Therapy in Portland, Narrative Therapy in Portland, Psychodynamic Therapy in Portland, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Portland, and Somatic Therapy in Portland.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Portland & the World
“My therapist and I have been working for about 2 months on my anxiety and depression. After many sessions, I am finally feeling less anxious around myself and others, sleeping better, and my body is telling me I’m doing much better than before. I am so glad that there’s an option like this where I don’t have to leave home.”
- Karen, Portland
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Portland, you can book a trial session with us.
A one-hour session with a licensed therapist can cost between $75 and $150, and prolonged sessions can cost more. Therapists typically charge by the hour, though some offer discounted rates for multiple sessions. The cost of therapy varies depending on the location and type of therapist you choose.
If you are a therapist from the Portland or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing