Get help from top Psychologists in Rochester
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Rochester
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Rochester
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Rochester
If you or a loved one is struggling with psychological distress, there is help available. A psychologist can provide critical support during times of crisis and help you manage your symptoms more effectively.
There are many different types of psychologists, each with their own specialized area of expertise. If you’re suffering from PTSD, depression, anxiety, or OCD, for example, a psychologist who specializes in these conditions may be the best option for you. They can help identify and treat the underlying cause of your distress, and offer guidance on how to cope with its effects.
If you’re feeling particularly stressed or angry, a psychologist may be able to recommend treatments that address those feelings directly. Grieving also requires special care, and a psychologist who specializes in grief counseling may be able to provide the support you need.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Rochester
- Dr. Suzanne Soper is a licensed psychologist who has been providing therapy to patients in Rochester for over 20 years. She specializes in treating anxiety disorders, depression, and PTSD.
- Dr. Laurie Jarmon is a licensed clinical psychologist who has specialized in working with children and families since she earned her doctorate in psychology from Yale University in 1993. She offers individual and family counseling sessions at her office on both weekdays and weekends.
- Dr. Margery Horowitz is an award-winning psychotherapist who has been providing therapy to patients in Rochester for over 30 years. Her focus is on treating anxiety, depression, addictions, bipolar disorder, stress-related conditions such as fibromyalgia and chronic pain syndrome, as well as couples therapy and family counseling services.
- Dr. Astrid Riechers is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and adolescents. She has years of experience helping those who have trouble coping with stress and anxiety, as well as issues such as depression and ADHD.
- Dr. Todd Kotsko is an experienced therapist who has worked with a wide range of clients, from individuals struggling with anxiety and depression to those dealing with chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Mental Health in Rochester
Mental health is an important issue in any community, and Rochester is no different. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), one in five adults in the U.S. experiences mental illness in any given year. That means that there are likely tens of thousands of people in Rochester struggling with mental health issues at any given time.
Mental health problems can range from mild to severe and can include conditions like anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and more. Mental health issues can impact every aspect of a person’s life, including work, school, relationships, and overall well-being.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues, there is help available. Don’t be afraid to reach out for support – it can make all the difference in your recovery.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Rochester
Common types of therapies in Rochester
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Rochester and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Rochester, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Rochester in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Rochester, Art Therapy in Rochester, Behavioral Therapy in Rochester, Contemplative Therapy in Rochester, Play Therapy in Rochester, EMDR Therapy in Rochester, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Rochester, Existential Therapy in Rochester, Experiential Therapy in Rochester, Gestalt Therapy in Rochester, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Rochester, Music Therapy Therapy in Rochester, Narrative Therapy in Rochester, Psychodynamic Therapy in Rochester, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Rochester, and Somatic Therapy in Rochester.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Rochester & the World
“I’m so happy I found MantraCare. It’s been such a relief to know that my therapist is available to me 24 hours a day and I don’t have to travel.”
- Karen, Rochester
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Rochester, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be a very costly process, depending on the service you choose and where you receive it. If you’re looking for in-person therapy, services range from around $60 per hour to over $200 per hour. If you’re looking for therapy online, services range from around $10 per hour to upwards of $50 per hour.
If you are a therapist from the Rochester or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing