Get help from top Psychologists in Queens
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Queens
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Queens
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Queens
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how to deal with stress and anxiety, as each person’s experience and the situation will be unique. However, there are many types of psychologists who can offer help in addressing these issues.
If you’re experiencing PTSD, depression, anxiety, or OCD, for example, a psychologist may be able to provide support and guidance in dealing with these conditions. Some psychologists also specialize in anger management or grief counseling.
If you’re looking for someone who can provide general advice on managing stress and anxiety, your best bet may be to contact your local mental health center or community health center.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Queens
- Leslie Bernstein, PsyD is a highly respected psychologist who specializes in helping adults with anxiety, depression, and related problems. She has worked with patients from all over Queens and has a wealth of experience to offer.
- Dawn-Marie Schmittdiel, PsyD is an experienced psychologist who works primarily with children and their families. She has extensive training in child development and has helped countless children overcome difficulties thanks to her expertise and care.
- Julie Auerbach, Ph.D. is a psychology professor at Hofstra University who specializes in working with adolescents and young adults. She has authored numerous books on the subject of psychology and offers cutting-edge educational programming that reaches many people across Queens County.
- Dr. William D. Brown is an experienced therapist who has worked with a wide range of patients, including those suffering from depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). His clinical experience ensures that he can offer the most comprehensive treatment options for his clients.
- Dr. Lisa A. Weiss is a highly skilled therapist who specializes in treating issues such as mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and addiction. Her personal experience and knowledge of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) make her one of the best psychotherapists in Queens for addressing such concerns.
Mental Health in Queens
Mental health is a critical issue in Queens, as it is in the rest of New York City. According to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, one in five adults in the city suffers from a mental health disorder. In Queens, this number is even higher, with one in four adults suffering from a mental health disorder.
There are many reasons why mental health disorders are so prevalent in Queens. First, Queens is one of the most diverse boroughs in New York City, with residents hailing from all over the world. This diversity can be both a strength and a source of stress for residents. Second, Queens is home to some of the most disadvantaged neighborhoods in the city. Poverty, violence, and crime are all too common in many parts of Queens, which can take a toll on residents’ mental health.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health disorder, there are resources available to help. There are also many community-based organizations that provide mental health services in Queens.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Queens
Common types of therapies in Queens
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Queens and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Queens, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Queens in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Queens, Art Therapy in Queens, Behavioral Therapy in Queens, Contemplative Therapy in Queens, Play Therapy in Queens, EMDR Therapy in Queens, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Queens, Existential Therapy in Queens, Experiential Therapy in Queens, Gestalt Therapy in Queens, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Queens, Music Therapy Therapy in Queens, Narrative Therapy in Queens, Psychodynamic Therapy in Queens, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Queens, and Somatic Therapy in Queens.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Queens & the World
“I have been to therapy for many years and I am finally getting back to my old self. My therapist is so good at what he does that I don’t have as much anxiety when I go to therapy now.”
- Karen, Queens
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Queens, you can book a trial session with us.
Online therapy can be a great way to get help for your anxiety or depression, and it’s not as expensive as you might think. Here are some examples of the average costs for different types of therapy: Individual therapy: $60-$120/hourGroup therapy: $25/sessionCouples therapy: $50/session
If you are a therapist from the Queens or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing