Get help from top Psychologists in Omaha
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Omaha
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Omaha
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Omaha
If you’re struggling with any mental health issues, it’s important to seek out professional help. A psychologist can provide you with the support and guidance you need to get on the path to recovery.
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a psychologist. First, make sure they have experience treating PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress disorders. Next, make sure they have ample training in OCD and anger management. Finally, be sure to choose a psychologist who is compatible with your lifestyle and personality. You don’t want someone who will dominate your time or force you into uncomfortable discussions.
Finding the right psychologist can be daunting, but it’s worth it to get the help you need. Give psychotherapy a try today and let us know how we can help you!
Top Psychologist Near Me in Omaha
- Dr. Timothy A. Houk is a licensed clinical psychologist and certified counselor who has worked in the Omaha area for more than 20 years. He specializes in working with individuals and couples and has a particular interest in treating issues related to anxiety, depression, stress, bipolar disorder, ADHD, and parenting challenges.
- Dr. Kellie M. Kempson is an associate clinical psychologist who was born and raised in the Omaha area. She has degrees from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Creighton University, respectively, and specializes in working with children, adolescents and families. Her areas of expertise include diagnosing mental health disorders and providing treatment plans tailored to each individual’s needs.
- Dr. Victoria Rourke is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been working in the Omaha area for more than 10 years. Her specialty is cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), which focuses on helping individuals change their thoughts and behaviors that contribute to mental health issues. She also offers counseling services for adults struggling with anxiety, depression, stress, or substance abuse problems.
- Dr. Heidi Auerbach is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in treating children and adolescents with emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, or ADD/ADHD symptoms. She also provides treatment for family members affected by a child or adolescent mental health issues.
- Dr. Diana Westphalen specializes in helping children and adolescents cope with problems such as anxiety and depression. She also offers counseling services for parents struggling with issues such as marital conflict or parenting challenges.
Mental Health in Omaha
Mental health is an important issue in Omaha. According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. experiences mental illness in a given year. In Nebraska, that number is slightly higher, at 1 in 4 adults.
Mental illness can affect anyone, regardless of age, race, or ethnicity. In Omaha, mental health concerns are especially prevalent among minority communities. African Americans and Latinos are more likely to experience mental health issues than whites.
There are many factors that can contribute to mental health problems. Poverty, violence, and trauma can all lead to mental health issues. In Omaha, these problems are compounded by a lack of access to mental health services.
Omaha has a number of mental health resources available, but there is still a need for more. If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues, there is help available.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Omaha
Common types of therapies in Omaha
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Omaha and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Omaha, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Omaha in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Omaha, Art Therapy in Omaha, Behavioral Therapy in Omaha, Contemplative Therapy in Omaha, Play Therapy in Omaha, EMDR Therapy in Omaha, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Omaha, Existential Therapy in Omaha, Experiential Therapy in Omaha, Gestalt Therapy in Omaha, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Omaha, Music Therapy Therapy in Omaha, Narrative Therapy in Omaha, Psychodynamic Therapy in Omaha, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Omaha, and Somatic Therapy in Omaha.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Omaha & the World
“After a few sessions of online therapy, it became clear to me how much MantraCare in Omaha could help my mental state. It is so convenient for someone like me who does not have the time or money for traditional therapy.”
- Karen, Omaha
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Omaha, you can book a trial session with us.
In Omaha, therapy can cost between $50 and $200 per hour, depending on the therapist’s experience and qualifications. Some clinics offer sliding scale fees for those who cannot afford to pay full price. Online therapy is also available in Omaha, but it can be more expensive due to the need for a face-to-face consultation.
If you are a therapist from the Omaha or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing