Get help from top Psychologists in Maine
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Maine
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Maine
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Maine
There are many different psychologists in Maine, each with their own areas of expertise. If you’re looking for help with mental health issues, a psychologist is a good place to start.
Psychologists can help people with PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress. They can also help people who have OCD or anger management issues. If you’re feeling bad about yourself or your life, a psychologist can help you work through those feelings.
If you’re looking for help, don’t hesitate to contact a psychologist near you. They can provide valuable guidance and support as you work through your mental health problems.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Maine
- Dr. Elaine Smith is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing in Maine since 2004. She specializes in treating children, adolescents, and families, and offers individual and group therapy services.
- Dr. Jeffrey Rabinowitz is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing in Maine since 2007. He specializes in treating adults with issues such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, substance abuse, trauma-related disorders, and personality disorders.
- Dr. Jessica Donovan is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing in Maine since 2002. She specializes in treating adults with issues such as ADHD, bipolar disorder II/manic-depressive disorder (MDD), OCD/compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizophrenia spectrum disorders (SSDs), major depressive episode (MDE), eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa , and substance use disorders .
- Drs. Michelle Wallerstein-Ross and Lisa Miller are both faculty members at Harvard Medical School’s Department of Psychiatry, where they specialize in mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder . They have authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles , given speeches at international conferences , and been featured on national television shows
- Dr. Patricia O’Neill is a psychologist who has worked in the field for more than 25 years. She has helped countless people deal with a wide range of issues, including anxiety, depression, and trauma. She is highly respected within the psychological community, and her services are widely available.
- Dr. Jeffrey Jensen is another excellent psychologist who has worked in the field for many years. He specializes in working with children and adolescents, and his treatments have been successful for many clientele. He also offers counseling services for adults, which are available through his office or online.
Mental Health in Maine
Mental health is an important issue in Maine. According to a recent report, one in five adults in the state have a mental health condition. This is higher than the national average of one in four adults.Mental health conditions can have a major impact on a person’s life.
They can affect a person’s ability to work, go to school, and maintain relationships. Mental health conditions can also lead to substance abuse and suicide.There are many resources available for people with mental health conditions in Maine. The state offers a variety of programs and services to help people with mental health conditions live full and productive lives.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health condition, there is help available. Contact your local mental health provider or the Maine Crisis Line at 1-888-568-1112 for more information.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Maine
Common types of therapies in Maine
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Maine and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Maine, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Maine in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Maine, Art Therapy in Maine, Behavioral Therapy in Maine, Contemplative Therapy in Maine, Play Therapy in Maine, EMDR Therapy in Maine, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Maine, Existential Therapy in Maine, Experiential Therapy in Maine, Gestalt Therapy in Maine, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Maine, Music Therapy Therapy in Maine, Narrative Therapy in Maine, Psychodynamic Therapy in Maine, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Maine, and Somatic Therapy in Maine.
We serve almost all locations in Maine
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Maine: Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, Auburn, Biddeford, Sanford, Saco, Westbrook, Augusta, Waterville, Presque Isle, Brewer, Bath, Ellsworth, Caribou, Old Town, Rockland, Belfast, Gardiner, North Windham, Lisbon Falls, York Harbor, South Berwick
50,000+ Happy Clients from Maine & the World
“I have found that the online sessions have been a great help to me in my daily life, and they are easy to do. It has been easy to schedule the sessions and the therapist is very accommodating.”
- Karen, Maine
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Maine, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be an incredibly effective way to deal with mental health issues, but it can also be expensive. In Maine, therapy can cost anywhere from $50 per hour to upwards of $175 per hour. However, there are a number of resources that may help offset the cost
If you are a therapist from the Maine or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Maine, USA including Cumberland, Androscoggin, Penobscot, York, Kennebec, Aroostook, Sagadahoc, Hancock, Knox, Waldo