Get help from top Psychologists in Kansas
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Kansas
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Kansas
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Kansas
If you are in need of a psychologist near you, there are many excellent options in Kansas. Many psychologists specialize in different areas of mental health, so you can find one that is specifically tailored to your needs.
If you have PTSD or depression, for example, your psychologist may be able to provide counseling and medication therapy to help you manage your symptoms. Anxiety and stress may also be treatable with various techniques and therapies.
If OCD or anger are affecting your daily life, a psychologist may be able to offer guidance on how to deal with those emotions effectively. There are many qualified Kansas psychologists who can provide the help that you need. If you’re interested in finding one near you, simply do some research online or speak with friends and family members who have used psychologists in the past. You will likely find a therapist who is perfect for you!
Top Psychologist Near Me in Kansas
- Dr. Catherine Monkman is a licensed psychologist who has worked in private practice for more than 20 years. She specializes in working with children and families, as well as adult clients who have difficulties dealing with stress or anxiety. Her clinic offers individual and group therapy, as well as counseling services.
- Dr. Julie Karr is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing since 2001. She specializes in working with adults who have difficulty managing their emotions or coping with life challenges. Her clinic offers individual and group counseling, as well as psychiatric consultations.
- Dr. Adam Caputo is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been practicing since 2004. He specializes in working with adults who have problems focusing or concentrating, as well as adults who struggle with mood swings or bipolar disorder. His clinic offers individual and group counseling, psychiatric consultations, and family therapy services.
- Dr. Jean Twenge is a professor of psychology at San Diego State University and the author of “Generation Me: Why Today’s Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, and Materialistic than Ever Before.” She has conducted extensive research on generational differences and has written about how today’s millennials are different from past generations in terms of values, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Dr. Ronald C. Kessler is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Harvard Medical School and the author of “The Politics of Mental Health: How Washington Is Shaping Our Minds.” He is one of the world’s leading experts on mental health policy and has testified before Congress on several occasions.
- Dr. Tomioka Yasuhide works primarily with individuals who struggle with anxiety or depression disorders. His practice emphasizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), which are two types of psychotherapy that are often used to treat these conditions. Dr. Tomioka also offers consultation services to other professionals, such as psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, and therapists who work with children or adolescents.
Mental Health in Kansas
In Kansas, mental health is considered to be a public health issue. This means that the state government is responsible for ensuring that all residents have access to mental health services and resources. The state government also works to raise awareness about mental health issues and to promote positive mental health practices.
One of the biggest challenges facing Kansas is the high rate of suicide. Suicide is the second leading cause of death for Kansans aged 10-24. Suicide rates in Kansas are higher than the national average, and they have been increasing over the past few years.
In order to address this problem, the state government has implemented several initiatives, including the development of a statewide suicide prevention plan. The state government has also invested in training school personnel and first responders on how to identify and respond to signs of suicidal ideation.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Kansas
Common types of therapies in Kansas
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Kansas and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Kansas, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Kansas in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Kansas, Art Therapy in Kansas, Behavioral Therapy in Kansas, Contemplative Therapy in Kansas, Play Therapy in Kansas, EMDR Therapy in Kansas, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Kansas, Existential Therapy in Kansas, Experiential Therapy in Kansas, Gestalt Therapy in Kansas, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Kansas, Music Therapy Therapy in Kansas, Narrative Therapy in Kansas, Psychodynamic Therapy in Kansas, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Kansas, and Somatic Therapy in Kansas.
We serve almost all locations in Kansas
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Kansas: Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Topeka, Olathe, Lawrence, Shawnee, Manhattan, Lenexa, Salina, Hutchinson, Leavenworth, Leawood, Dodge City, Garden City, Emporia, Derby, Junction City, Prairie Village, Gardner, Hays, Pittsburg, Liberal, Newton, Great Bend, Andover, McPherson, El Dorado, Ottawa, Winfield, Lansing, Arkansas City, Haysville, Merriam, Atchison, Parsons, Mission, Augusta, Coffeyville, Chanute, Fort Riley, Independence, Bonner Springs, Valley Center, Wellington, Fort Scott, Park City, Spring Hill, Roeland Park, Pratt, Eudora, De Soto, Abilene, Basehor, Mulvane, Paola, Ulysses, Colby, Tonganoxie, Iola, Maize, Concordia, Goddard, Baldwin City, Edwardsville, Louisburg, Wamego, Russell, Osawatomie, Hugoton, Rose Hill, Hesston, Clay Center, Goodland, Fairway, Baxter Springs, Scott City, Larned, Mission Hills, Lyons, Beloit, Frontenac, Oaklawn-Sunview, Lindsborg, Marysville, Garnett, Holton, Hiawatha
50,000+ Happy Clients from Kansas & the World
“I met a nice man in Kansas and he told me about his company MantraCare. I had such a bad week that I decided to try it out. It was really comforting to know that if I didn’t like my therapist, I could just switch therapists or leave the session at any time. It helped so much during my time of need.”
- Karen, Kansas
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Kansas, you can book a trial session with us.
In Kansas, therapy can cost anywhere from $50 to $750 per session, depending on the provider and the service being provided. Some providers will offer a sliding scale, meaning that those with lower incomes will be able to receive therapy at a discount.
If you are a therapist from the Kansas or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Kansas, USA including Sedgwick, Johnson, Wyandotte, Shawnee, Douglas, Riley, Saline, Reno, Leavenworth, Ford, Finney, Lyon, Geary, Ellis, Crawford, Seward, Harvey, Barton, Butler, McPherson, Franklin, Cowley, Atchison, Labette, Montgomery, Neosho, Sumner, Bourbon, Pratt, Dickinson, Miami, Grant, Thomas, Allen, Cloud, Pottawatomie, Russell, Stevens, Clay, Sherman, Cherokee, Scott, Pawnee, Rice, Mitchell, Marshall, Anderson, Jackson, Brown