Get help from top Psychologists in Iowa
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Iowa
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Iowa
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Iowa
If you are struggling with any mental health condition, it is important to seek out professional help. A psychologist can provide you with guidance and support through your struggles.
There are a variety of reasons why people may need professional help for their mental health conditions. Some people may experience PTSD after a traumatic event, while others may experience depression or anxiety. Stress can also be a major contributor to many mental health problems.
If you are struggling with any of these issues, it is important to seek out professional help. A psychologist can provide you with guidance and support through your struggles. They will be able to assess your situation and recommend the best course of action for you.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Iowa
- Dr. Erik Swenson, specializes in working with children and families. He has helped numerous families deal with mental health issues, including depression and anxiety. Swenson also works with parents to provide support during stressful times, such as when a child is going through a difficult transition or when there is an family conflict.
- Dr. Sally Satel, specializes in treating addiction and mental health disorders. She helps people struggling with substance abuse or depression find treatment that fits their needs. Satel also teaches at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Medicine, where she lectures on mental health issues and the effects of addiction on society.
- Dr. Roberta McCullough is a psychotherapist who uses cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to help her patients work through their problems. CBT is a popular form of treatment that focuses on changing thoughts and behaviors in order to improve one’s life situation. McCullough has worked with patients from all walks of life – from those who are suffering from chronic stress to those who have difficulties interacting socially – and she has found that CBT is the best approach for most people.
- Dr. Jeff Crandall is a highly sought-after psychologist who has worked with both adults and children for more than 25 years. His clinical expertise and passion for helping people make positive changes have made him a respected member of the community.
- Dr. Bethany Barth is a nationally renowned expert on Trauma and Substance Abuse treatment, as well as a therapist who specializes in working with teens and young adults. Her experience and expertise have earned her many accolades, including being named one of America’s Top 100 Psychologists by Psychology Today Magazine.
Mental Health in Iowa
Mental health is an important issue in Iowa. According to a report by the Iowa Department of Public Health, 1 in 5 Iowans has a mental illness. That means that there are more than 300,000 Iowans living with a mental illness.
Mental illness can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, environment, and stress. Mental illnesses can also be triggered by physical illnesses or injuries.
Mental illnesses can be treated with medication, therapy, or a combination of both. Medication can help to reduce the symptoms of mental illness. Therapy can help patients understand and manage their illness.
If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental illness, there are resources available to help. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Iowa offers support groups and education programs for people living with mental illness and their loved ones. The Iowa Department of Public Health also has information on mental health resources in Iowa.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Iowa
Common types of therapies in Iowa
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Iowa and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Iowa, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Iowa in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Iowa, Art Therapy in Iowa, Behavioral Therapy in Iowa, Contemplative Therapy in Iowa, Play Therapy in Iowa, EMDR Therapy in Iowa, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Iowa, Existential Therapy in Iowa, Experiential Therapy in Iowa, Gestalt Therapy in Iowa, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Iowa, Music Therapy Therapy in Iowa, Narrative Therapy in Iowa, Psychodynamic Therapy in Iowa, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Iowa, and Somatic Therapy in Iowa.
We serve almost all locations in Iowa
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Iowa: Des Moines, Davenport, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Waterloo, Sioux City, Dubuque, West Des Moines, Ames, Ankeny, Council Bluffs, Urbandale, Cedar Falls, Marion, Bettendorf, Mason City, Marshalltown, Clinton, Burlington, Ottumwa, Fort Dodge, Muscatine, Waukee, Johnston, Coralville, North Liberty, Altoona, Clive, Indianola, Newton, Grimes, Boone, Oskaloosa, Norwalk, Spencer, Storm Lake, Fort Madison, Fairfield, Pella, Keokuk, Waverly, Le Mars, Pleasant Hill, Carroll, Grinnell, Mount Pleasant, Denison, Creston, Webster City, Perry, Decorah, Clear Lake, Sioux Center, Hiawatha, Charles City, Washington, Knoxville, Nevada, Eldridge, Atlantic, Bondurant, Orange City, Independence, Maquoketa, Asbury, Oelwein, Estherville, Anamosa, Centerville, Algona, Clarinda, Glenwood, Red Oak, Winterset, DeWitt, Sheldon, Osceola, Spirit Lake, Vinton, Iowa Falls, Manchester, Adel, Sergeant Bluff, Windsor Heights, Cherokee, Shenandoah, Harlan, Polk City, Evansdale, Humboldt, Mount Vernon, Camanche, Hampton, Carlisle, Dyersville, Chariton, Jefferson, Forest City, Le Claire, Huxley, Rock Valley, Monticello, Carter Lake, Tiffin, Cresco, West Liberty, Albia, Emmetsburg, Waukon, Osage, Robins, Park View, New Hampton, Eagle Grove, Story City, Tipton, Williamsburg
50,000+ Happy Clients from Iowa & the World
“I found this therapist very professional and knowledgeable of my situation. The doctor was attentive and kind and I felt comfortable with their help.”
- Karen, Iowa
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Iowa, you can book a trial session with us.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the cost of therapy will vary depending on the specific needs of the individual. However, a basic session of therapy can typically cost anywhere from $50 to $150 per hour, depending on the location and experience of the therapist. If you are interested in exploring online therapy options in Iowa, there are a few reputable providers that offer affordable and convenient treatments
If you are a therapist from the Iowa or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Iowa, USA including Polk, Scott, Linn, Johnson, Black Hawk, Woodbury, Dubuque, Story, Pottawattamie, Cerro Gordo, Marshall, Clinton, Des Moines, Wapello, Webster, Muscatine, Dallas, Warren, Jasper, Boone, Mahaska, Clay, Buena Vista, Lee, Jefferson, Marion, Bremer, Plymouth, Carroll, Poweshiek, Henry, Crawford, Union, Hamilton, Winneshiek, Sioux, Floyd, Washington, Cass, Buchanan, Jackson, Fayette, Emmet, Jones, Appanoose, Kossuth, Page, Mills, Montgomery, Madison, O’Brien, Clarke, Dickinson, Benton, Hardin, Delaware, Cherokee, Shelby, Humboldt, Franklin, Lucas, Greene, Winnebago, Howard, Monroe, Palo Alto, Allamakee, Mitchell, Chickasaw, Wright, Cedar, Iowa