Get help from top Psychologists in Connecticut
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Connecticut
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Connecticut
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Connecticut
If you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, there is no doubt that seeking out professional help is the best course of action. However, finding a psychologist who is knowledgeable about PTSD and depression can be difficult. Fortunately, there are many psychologists near me in Connecticut who specialize in treating these conditions.
One of the most common psychological disorders is PTSD. This condition is caused by exposure to a traumatic event that was incredibly stressful for the individual. Symptoms can include flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, and fearfulness. If left untreated, PTSD can lead to major depressive episodes and even OCD.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your stress levels or experiencing significant depression or anxiety symptoms, it’s important to seek out professional help as soon as possible. There are many psychologists near me in Connecticut who specialize in treating these issues and can provide you with the support you need to get back on track.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Connecticut
- Dr. Russell Meyers is a well-known psychologist who has worked with patients from all over Connecticut. He has a wealth of experience and is known for his innovative treatments and techniques. Dr. Meyers also runs a highly successful private practice, which means that he can offer his services to a wide range of people.
- Dr. Lisa Weiss is another highly-rated psychologist in Connecticut. She has worked with a wide range of patients, including those who have suffered from anxiety and depression. Dr Weiss is also very experienced in working with children and families, which means that she can provide excellent support to those who need it most.
- Dr. James DeSimone is another top psychologist in Connecticut who specializes in anxiety disorders and depression treatment. He has developed several effective treatment methods, which makes him an incredibly popular choice for those suffering from these conditions. Dr DeSimone also runs a private practice, so patients have access to him 24/7 should they need it.
- Dr. Kimberly Sclafani is yet another top psychologist in Connecticut who specializes in working with adolescents and young adults. She has vast experience dealing with issues such as suicide prevention, substance abuse, and relationship counseling. Her skills make her an ideal choice for anyone looking for help coping with difficult situations or problems.”
- Dr. Lisa Matthews is a licensed psychologist who specializes in working with children and families. She has extensive experience providing therapy for both children and adults, and has a particular focus on treating anxiety and depression.
- Dr. Stephanie Hays is a licensed clinical psychologist who offers counseling services for individuals, couples, and families. She specializes in working with clients dealing with anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, and other mental health issues.
Mental Health in Connecticut
In Connecticut, mental health is a major concern. The state has one of the highest rates of mental illness in the country. According to a report by the National Alliance on Mental Illness, 1 in 5 adults in Connecticut experiences a mental illness in any given year. This means that nearly 300,000 adults in the state are affected by mental illness each year.
Mental illness can have a profound effect on an individual’s life. It can cause problems with work, school, and personal relationships. It can also lead to substance abuse and suicide. In Connecticut, suicide is the 10th leading cause of death. Each year, nearly 1,000 residents die by suicide.
There are many factors that contribute to mental illness. Genetics play a role, as do environment and lifestyle choices. Stressful life events, such as trauma or loss, can also trigger mental health problems. Fortunately, there are ways to treat mental illness. With proper care and treatment, many people with mental illness can lead happy and productive lives.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Connecticut
Common types of therapies in Connecticut
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Connecticut and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Connecticut, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Connecticut in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Connecticut, Art Therapy in Connecticut, Behavioral Therapy in Connecticut, Contemplative Therapy in Connecticut, Play Therapy in Connecticut, EMDR Therapy in Connecticut, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Connecticut, Existential Therapy in Connecticut, Experiential Therapy in Connecticut, Gestalt Therapy in Connecticut, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Connecticut, Music Therapy Therapy in Connecticut, Narrative Therapy in Connecticut, Psychodynamic Therapy in Connecticut, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Connecticut, and Somatic Therapy in Connecticut.
We serve almost all locations in Connecticut
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Connecticut: Bridgeport, Hartford, New Haven, Norwich, Waterbury, Danbury, Stamford, Norwalk, New Britain, Bristol, Meriden, West Haven, Milford city, Middletown, Shelton, Torrington, Naugatuck, New London, Wallingford Center, Ansonia, Willimantic, Storrs, Derby, Conning Towers Nautilus Park, Trumbull Center, Kensington, Oakville, Sandy Hook, Riverside, Thompsonville, Glastonbury Center,
Southwood Acres, Long Hill, New Canaan, Rockville, Cos Cob, Old Greenwich, Staples, Northford, Winsted, Cheshire Village, Simsbury Center, Hazardville, Sherwood Manor, Branford Center, Noroton, Daniels Farm, Pawcatuck, Terryville, Byram, Lake Pocotopaug, Stafford Springs, Mystic, Quinnipiac University, Heritage Village, East Village, Broad Brook, Danielson, Stepney, Moosup, Tashua, Compo, Oronoque, Collinsville, Coleytown, Pemberwick, Jewett City, Old Mystic, Greens Farms, Old Hill, Lordship, West Simsbury
50,000+ Happy Clients from Connecticut & the World
“I was in a really tough spot. I found out that my husband had an affair and I couldn’t take it anymore. My therapist was able to tell me how to get through this difficult time.”
- Karen, Connecticut
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Connecticut, you can book a trial session with us.
In Connecticut, sessions with a therapist can cost anywhere from $50 to $200. However, this price range is also variable, as some therapists charge more for longer sessions and some charge less for multiple sessions per week.
If you are a therapist from the Connecticut or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing
Our psychologists are available in almost all counties in Connecticut, USA including Fairfield, Hartford, New Haven, New London, Middlesex, Litchfield, Windham, Tolland