Get help from top Psychologists in Stockholm
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Stockholm
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Stockholm
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Stockholm
There is a great deal of evidence to suggest that psychologists can be very helpful in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues, including PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress. While some people may feel hesitant to seek out help from a psychologist due to the stigma associated with mental illness, it is important to remember that there is no shame in seeking help. In fact, many people find that working with a psychologist is incredibly beneficial in terms of their overall mental health and well-being.
If you are currently experiencing symptoms of one or more mental health disorders, it may be worth seeking out professional help from a psychologist. If you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed by your symptoms, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. There are plenty of psychologists who are available close to your location.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Stockholm
- Dr. Hans Günther, has been working in the field for over 40 years. He is a globally-renowned expert on anxiety and stress disorders and has written several books on the topic. Dr. Günther also teaches at a number of universities around the world and is currently President of the International Association for Cognitive Behavioral Therapies (CBT).
- Dr. Cecilia Wikström, who specializes in child psychiatry. Her work has helped to revolutionize how children are treated worldwide, and she has received numerous awards for her contributions to psychiatry. Dr. Wikström also runs her own clinic which offers psychotherapy to children and their families free of charge.
- Dr. Kristina Ljungberg-Frisén, specializes in neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience. She has made significant contributions to our understanding of brain function and dysfunction, as well as how these issues can affect mental health problems such as depression and anxiety disorders.
- Dr. Lars Alfredsson is a pioneer in the field of neuropsychology and has worked extensively with individuals suffering from mental illness. He is also highly respected for his work on traumatic brain injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder. His clinic is located in Södermalm and his website can provide more information on his services.
- Marika Lagercrantz is a psychotherapist with more than 20 years of experience working with clients across different stages of life. She specializes in helping people deal with relationship problems, depression, anxiety, and stress-related illnesses. Her clinic is located in Kungsholmen and her website provides more information on her services.
Mental Health in Stockholm
Stockholm is a city that is known for its high quality of life. However, this does not mean that the city is without its challenges when it comes to mental health. In fact, mental health issues are fairly common in Stockholm.
There are a number of reasons why mental health issues are so common in Stockholm. One reason is the high cost of living in the city. This can put a lot of pressure on residents, which can lead to mental health problems. Another reason is the long winters. The lack of sunlight can lead to seasonal affective disorder (SAD), which can also contribute to mental health issues.
Despite the challenges, there are also a number of resources available for those struggling with mental health issues in Stockholm. There are a number of therapy and counseling options available, as well as support groups. There are also a number of hospitals and clinics that offer mental health services.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Stockholm
Common types of therapies in Stockholm
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Stockholm and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Stockholm, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Stockholm in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Stockholm, Art Therapy in Stockholm, Behavioral Therapy in Stockholm, Contemplative Therapy in Stockholm, Play Therapy in Stockholm, EMDR Therapy in Stockholm, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Stockholm, Existential Therapy in Stockholm, Experiential Therapy in Stockholm, Gestalt Therapy in Stockholm, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Stockholm, Music Therapy Therapy in Stockholm, Narrative Therapy in Stockholm, Psychodynamic Therapy in Stockholm, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Stockholm, and Somatic Therapy in Stockholm.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Stockholm & the World
“I’m really impressed with the online therapy in Stockholm from Mantracare. I was looking for help to break my addiction and they were able to offer me a treatment plan that worked well for me.”
- Karen, Stockholm
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Stockholm, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy in Stockholm can be expensive, depending on the therapist and what services are included. For example, a 30-minute session with a general therapist may cost around $60 USD, while more specialized therapy such as addictions or eating disorders can cost upwards of $200 per hour.
If you are a therapist from the Stockholm or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing