Get help from top Psychologists in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to alleviating psychological distress, as the cause and severity of each individual’s condition will vary. However, there are many resources available to psychologists in Dehiwala – Mount Lavinia.
Some of the most common conditions that psychologists may be called on to treat include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety, and OCD. In addition, psychologists can help those struggling with anger and grief. It is important to remember that not all psychological distress is caused by traumatic events.
In fact, many individuals experience psychological distress without ever experiencing a traumatic event. If you are looking for a psychologist in Dehiwala – Mount Lavinia who can provide you with tailored treatment, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be happy to discuss your specific needs with you and recommend the best resources for you.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
- Dr. Ruhuna Senaratne is a clinical psychologist with over 15 years of experience working with individuals from all walks of life. She is also an accredited counsellor and has completed the Diploma in Counselling from the University of London. In addition to her work as a clinical psychologist, she also lectures at the University of Kelaniya on topics such as trauma therapy and parenting skills for adults with autism spectrum disorders.
- Dr. Nalin Perera is a clinical psychologist with over 10 years of experience working with individuals from all walks of life. He specializes in treating anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, stress management, and ADHD among others. He also offers mindfulness training and counselling services to people living with chronic pain and cancer patients.
- Ms. Nirosha Perera is a clinical psychologist who offers her services to both individual and group clients. She has experience working with children, adolescents, and adults, and is skilled in treating various psychological disorders.
- Dr. Gamini Karunaratne is a highly experienced psychologist who has worked with patients from all walks of life, including those affected by anxiety and depression. He also specializes in treating bipolar disorder and sexual dysfunction.
- Ms. Piyush Kedia is a certified clinical counselor who provides therapy to individuals suffering from anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. She has years of experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds, making her an ideal therapist for those seeking help with specific problems or concerns.
Mental Health in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
There is a high incidence of mental health issues in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia. The most common mental health issue is anxiety. It is estimated that up to 60% of the population suffers from anxiety. The second most common mental health issue is depression. It is estimated that up to 30% of the population suffers from depression. The third most common mental health issue is bipolar disorder. It is estimated that up to 10% of the population suffers from bipolar disorder.
There are several reasons why people suffer from mental health issues. Some of the reasons include stressful life events, genetics, trauma, and substance abuse.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
Common types of therapies in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Art Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Behavioral Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Contemplative Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Play Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, EMDR Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Existential Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Experiential Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Gestalt Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Music Therapy Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Narrative Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Psychodynamic Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, and Somatic Therapy in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia & the World
“I have been a patient of Mantracare for about two years now and I am very happy with their services. Thank you for helping me to get back my life.”
- Karen, Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy in Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia can be expensive depending on the therapist and the type of therapy being provided. A session with a registered therapist typically costs around Rs. 1,000-1,500, while sessions with a non-registered therapist can cost upwards of Rs. 3,000.
If you are a therapist from the Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing