Get help from top Psychologists in Oslo
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Oslo
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Oslo
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Oslo
If you are experiencing any mental health issues, such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, or stress, it is important to seek professional help. A psychologist can provide treatment and support for these conditions.
There are many types of psychologists available in Oslo, so finding one who is ideally suited to your needs will take some effort. It is important to research the various psychologists in your area before making a decision.
Some factors that may be helpful in selecting a psychologist include their experience with treating mental health issues, their training and qualifications, the types of services they offer, and their location. It can be difficult to cope with mental health issues on your own.
However, seeking out professional help can make a huge difference in your ability to manage them effectively. If you are interested in finding a psychologist near me in Oslo or elsewhere in Norway, please check out the resources below.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Oslo
- Dr. Marianne Løvlie is a well-known psychologist who has worked in both private practice and academia. She is currently the head of the Department of Psychology at the University of Oslo. Her research focuses on mental health issues, developmental psychopathology, and personality psychology.
- Dr. Hanne Kjelsberg is a licensed psychologist who works with both private clients and corporate clients. She specializes in working with individuals who have experienced trauma or abuse, as well as those who are struggling with addiction or depression.
- Dr. Tone Gjermundsen is a clinical psychologist who has worked in private practice for over 20 years. She specializes in helping children and adolescents deal with issues such as anxiety, depression, and ADHD.
- Dr. Lene Tverdal is a clinical psychologist who specializes in treating adults with anxiety disorders and mood disorders such as bipolar disorder and depression. She also offers counseling services for people affected by substance abuse or addiction.
- Janneke Weidner is a psychologist who specializes in neuropsychology. She has extensive experience working with patients suffering from disorders such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
Mental Health in Oslo
Norway has one of the highest rates of mental illness in Europe. In Oslo, the capital city, the rate is even higher. Mental health in Oslo is a serious problem.There are many reasons for the high rates of mental illness in Oslo. One reason is the high cost of living. The cost of housing, food, and other basic necessities is very high in Oslo. This can lead to financial stress, which can trigger or worsen mental health problems.
Another reason for the high rates of mental illness in Oslo is the long winters. The winters here are dark and cold, and can last for months. This can lead to seasonal affective disorder (SAD), which is a type of depression that is related to the change in seasons.
If you live in Oslo, or are planning to visit, it’s important to be aware of the risks of mental health problems. There are many resources available to help you if you are struggling with your mental health. You are not alone.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Oslo
Common types of therapies in Oslo
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Oslo and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Oslo, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Oslo in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Oslo, Art Therapy in Oslo, Behavioral Therapy in Oslo, Contemplative Therapy in Oslo, Play Therapy in Oslo, EMDR Therapy in Oslo, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Oslo, Existential Therapy in Oslo, Experiential Therapy in Oslo, Gestalt Therapy in Oslo, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Oslo, Music Therapy Therapy in Oslo, Narrative Therapy in Oslo, Psychodynamic Therapy in Oslo, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Oslo, and Somatic Therapy in Oslo.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Oslo & the World
“I was feeling really low. I kept telling myself, why am I feeling this way? What is wrong with me? I was very bad in school. But then I found Mantracare online therapy and it helped me to feel better.”
- Karen, Oslo
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Oslo, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy in Oslo can range in price from around NOK 5,000 to over NOK 30,000 per session. Many clinics offer a variety of packages, which can include different number of sessions and different types of therapy.
If you are a therapist from the Oslo or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing