Get help from top Psychologists in Wellington
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Wellington
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Wellington
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Wellington
If you or a loved one are struggling with psychological issues such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, or stress, then seeking out help from a psychologist is an important step in getting better. Psychologists can provide valuable advice and support as you work through your struggles.
In addition to helping you identify and overcome your psychological issues, psychologists can also provide guidance on ways to live a healthy and productive life. If you’re looking for a psychologist in Wellington, then please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to recommend some excellent professionals who can help you get the help you need.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Wellington
- Dr Heidi Greaves is a clinical psychologist with experience in both private and public sector settings. She has worked with a diverse range of clients, including those suffering from anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Dr Caroline Stevenson is a research psychologist who specialises in the study of personality change and development across the lifespan. Her work has involved conducting studies on topics such as self-esteem, identity formation, trauma exposure and reaction, social support networks, and ageing processes.
- Dr Nadine Memon is a highly experienced and qualified psychologist who has been practising in Wellington for over 20 years. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience to offer her clients and is known for her ability to help people identify and overcome their personal challenges.
- Dr David Lambert is also a highly experienced psychologist who has worked in the field for over 20 years. He is skilled at providing counselling and therapy services to individuals, couples, families and groups, and is known for his compassionate approach to helping people resolve their problems.
- Ms Fiona Dixon is an award-winning therapist who specializes in working with children and adolescents. She has extensive experience dealing with a wide range of issues, including anxiety disorders, depression, behavioural issues and grief counselling.
Mental Health in Wellington
According to the latest statistics, mental health in Wellington is on the decline. In the last year alone, the number of people seeking help for mental health problems has increased by 20%. This is a worrying trend and one that we need to start addressing as a society.
Mental health problems can have a huge impact on our lives and can lead to things like anxiety, depression, and even suicide. If we want to improve mental health in Wellington, we need to start talking about it more openly. We need to break down the stigma surrounding mental health and start supporting those who are struggling.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, there are plenty of support services available. The team at Mental Health in Wellington is here to help, and we can provide you with the resources and information you need to get started on your journey to recovery.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Wellington
Common types of therapies in Wellington
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Wellington and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Wellington, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Wellington in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Wellington, Art Therapy in Wellington, Behavioral Therapy in Wellington, Contemplative Therapy in Wellington, Play Therapy in Wellington, EMDR Therapy in Wellington, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Wellington, Existential Therapy in Wellington, Experiential Therapy in Wellington, Gestalt Therapy in Wellington, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Wellington, Music Therapy Therapy in Wellington, Narrative Therapy in Wellington, Psychodynamic Therapy in Wellington, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Wellington, and Somatic Therapy in Wellington.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Wellington & the World
“MantraCare is absolutely fantastic – the whole process is so easy and I feel great after each session. The staff are friendly, professional and helpful and the sessions are fast-paced with loads of discussion.”
- Karen, Wellington
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Wellington, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be expensive in Wellington depending on the therapist and the service you require. In general, therapy sessions range from $60 to $120 per hour. Some therapists also offer discounts for students or for those who are on social assistance.
If you are a therapist from the Wellington or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing