Get help from top Psychologists in Lower Hutt
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Lower Hutt
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Lower Hutt
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Lower Hutt
There is a growing need for psychologists in Lower Hutt. Many people suffer from psychological conditions such as PTSD, depression, anxiety, and stress. If you are suffering from one or more of these conditions, then seeking out professional help may be the best option for you.
A psychologist can provide you with the help and support that you need to overcome your problems. They can also teach you how to manage and cope with them on your own.
If you are looking for a psychologist in Lower Hutt, then please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to refer you to a qualified therapist who can assist you in dealing with your psychological issues.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Lower Hutt
- Christine Barratt is a psychotherapist with more than 10 years of experience working with clients from the Lower Hutt area. She offers an extensive range of services including individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, psychological assessments, consultation, and telephone support services.
- Dr. Bart van Dijk is a clinical psychologist who has worked in Lower Hutt for over 10 years. He specializes in working with people who have anxiety and depression, as well as those who have been affected by trauma. Dr. van Dijk is highly experienced and has a wealth of knowledge to share, so don’t hesitate to book an appointment with him if you need help dealing with your issues.
- Ms. Tanya Braidwood. She specializes in working with children and adolescents and can help them deal with a wide range of issues such as anxiety, depression, relationship problems, bullying, and more. If you’re worried about a loved one and don’t know what to do or where to turn, Ms. Braidwood may be able to provide the guidance you need.
- Dr. Jill Dolan is a clinical psychologist who has been working in the area for over 25 years. She provides individual and group therapy as well as counseling for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Skipper Dunbar is an integrative therapist who works with clients on a range of issues such as anxiety, depression, stress management, pain relief, sexual health, addictions, self-esteem issues, relationship difficulties, bereavement counseling, etc.
Mental Health in Lower Hutt
Mental health is a big issue in Lower Hutt. In fact, it’s one of the leading causes of death in our city. Every year, we see more and more people struggling with mental health issues. And it’s not just adults – we’re seeing more children and young people dealing with mental health problems, too.
There are a number of reasons why mental health is such a big issue in Lower Hutt. One of the biggest factors is poverty. Poverty can lead to poor mental health, and vice versa. We also have a lot of people who are isolated and lonely. This can be due to a number of factors, including living alone, not having many friends or family members nearby, or being part of a minority group. Substance abuse is also a big factor in Lower Hutt’s mental health problems. Alcohol and drugs can both make mental health problems worse and can also be a cause of mental health problems.
If you’re struggling with mental health issues, it’s important to get help. There are a number of organizations in Lower Hutt that can offer support and assistance. If you’re not sure where to start, your GP can point you in the right direction.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Lower Hutt
Common types of therapies in Lower Hutt
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Lower Hutt and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Lower Hutt, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Lower Hutt in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Lower Hutt, Art Therapy in Lower Hutt, Behavioral Therapy in Lower Hutt, Contemplative Therapy in Lower Hutt, Play Therapy in Lower Hutt, EMDR Therapy in Lower Hutt, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Lower Hutt, Existential Therapy in Lower Hutt, Experiential Therapy in Lower Hutt, Gestalt Therapy in Lower Hutt, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Lower Hutt, Music Therapy Therapy in Lower Hutt, Narrative Therapy in Lower Hutt, Psychodynamic Therapy in Lower Hutt, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Lower Hutt, and Somatic Therapy in Lower Hutt.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Lower Hutt & the World
“MantraCare is an amazing service that has given me the freedom and flexibility to work in my own time. I love being able to establish a virtual relationship with my therapist and build trust before meeting in person.”
- Karen, Lower Hutt
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Lower Hutt, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 per session, depending on the therapist and the services offered. Some therapists offer discounted rates for members of certain health-care plans, and some clinics offer sliding-scale fees. There are also a number of community organizations that provide low-cost or free therapy services.
If you are a therapist from the Lower Hutt or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing