Get help from top Psychologists in Christchurch
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Christchurch
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Christchurch
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Christchurch
If you are struggling with any mental health issues, it is important to seek professional help. A psychologist can provide you with guidance and support as you work through your problems. There are many psychologists in Christchurch, and finding one who is the right fit for you is important.
It is always helpful to talk about your concerns with a psychologist before starting treatment. This will allow them to get to know you better and create a better plan for addressing your issues. If you are feeling overwhelmed by your mental health problems, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. There are many psychologists available in Christchurch who would be happy to counsel you on how best to manage your condition.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Christchurch
- Dr. Kym Douglas is another highly respected psychologist in Christchurch. She specialises in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), which is a proven treatment method for many mental health issues. CBT helps people change their thoughts and behaviours to address their problems head on.
- Dr Geoff Kirk is an expert in family psychology, which focuses on the relationship between parents and children. His clinic offers a variety of services including counselling, group sessions, and educational events aimed at helping families improve their relationships.
- Dr Maureen O’Sullivan is a psychotherapist who specializes in treating sexual assault victims. She provides counseling and support to individuals who have experienced sexual violence both physically and emotionally. Her clinic operates 24/7 to ensure that everyone who needs it can get the help they need immediately
- Dr. Julie Goodwin is a clinical psychologist who has been working in Christchurch since 2004. She specializes in treating anxiety, depression, and stress-related disorders.
- Dr. Emma Sutherland is a clinical psychologist who has been working in Christchurch since 2016. She specializes in treating anxiety, depression, ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), and post-traumatic stress disorder.”
- Mr. Tim O’Brien is a clinical social worker with more than 10 years of experience, Mr. O’Brien specializes in providing psychological services to adults who have experienced trauma or abuse. He also offers counseling for grief and loss as well as support for addiction treatment programs.
Mental Health in Christchurch
Mental health in Christchurch is something that is often spoken about, but not always understood. There are a number of different mental health conditions that can affect people of all ages and from all walks of life.
One of the most common mental health conditions in Christchurch is anxiety. Anxiety can manifest itself in many different ways, such as feeling constantly on edge, having intrusive or unwanted thoughts, or suffering from panic attacks. If you think you might be suffering from anxiety, it’s important to speak to your GP or a mental health professional.
Another common mental health condition in Christchurch is depression. Depression can cause a range of symptoms, including low mood, loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy, fatigue, and difficulty concentrating. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to seek help from your GP or mental health professional.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Christchurch
Common types of therapies in Christchurch
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Christchurch and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Christchurch, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Christchurch in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Christchurch, Art Therapy in Christchurch, Behavioral Therapy in Christchurch, Contemplative Therapy in Christchurch, Play Therapy in Christchurch, EMDR Therapy in Christchurch, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Christchurch, Existential Therapy in Christchurch, Experiential Therapy in Christchurch, Gestalt Therapy in Christchurch, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Christchurch, Music Therapy Therapy in Christchurch, Narrative Therapy in Christchurch, Psychodynamic Therapy in Christchurch, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Christchurch, and Somatic Therapy in Christchurch.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Christchurch & the World
“I have suffered from anxiety for many years, and I was really struggling when my therapist moved interstate. I found out about MantraCare online therapy treatment and I started seeing them for a few sessions per week. Now that happens at home it has been so much easier to cope.”
- Karen, Christchurch
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Christchurch, you can book a trial session with us.
A full session of therapy can cost anywhere from $50 to $200, and often requires several sessions before any real progress is made. Some therapists may offer discounted rates for multiple sessions, or for appointments that are scheduled quickly.
If you are a therapist from the Christchurch or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing