Get help from top Psychologists in Groningen
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Groningen
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Groningen
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Groningen
If you are feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, a psychologist can help. Psychologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. They work with patients to solve problems and understand their thoughts and feelings.
Some common mental health disorders are PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), depression, anxiety, OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), and anger management. Psychological treatments can help reduce symptoms and improve quality of life. If you’re experiencing any of these issues, it’s important to seek out professional help.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Groningen
- Dr. Esther de Bruijn is a clinical psychologist with more than 25 years of experience working with a wide range of clients, from children and adolescents to adults. She specializes in CBT and stress management and has expertise in treating anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, grief, PTSD, and OCD.
- Dr. Anita Weijers is a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of experience working with individuals from all walks of life. She offers her clients individualized treatment based on their specific needs and symptoms. Services include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma-focused CBT, mood regulation therapy (MTT), family interventions, and more.
- Monique Wouters is a licensed clinical psychologist who offers evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for a variety of mental health conditions including anxiety disorders, depression, ADHD, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She also provides counseling for couples and families dealing with issues such as relationship problems, communication difficulties, conflict resolution skills, parenting challenges and more.
- Dr. Pieter Hartelijn is one of the most highly respected psychologists in Groningen. He has worked extensively with children and adolescents, as well as adults. His clinical expertise and understanding of human behavior make him an ideal therapist for anyone looking for help with issues like anxiety, depression, or stress management.
- Drs. Stefanie Tiggelaar and Pieter Schipperk are both experts in trauma therapy. They have developed unique treatments that focus on helping clients heal from difficult experiences such as abuse or natural disasters. Their patients often report substantial improvements following treatment sessions with these psychologists.
Mental Health in Groningen
According to a recent study, nearly one in five adults in Groningen suffers from some form of mental illness. This is slightly higher than the national average of 18%, but still lower than other major cities such as Amsterdam (24%) and Rotterdam (22%).
There are a number of reasons why mental health problems are more common in urban areas. One is the increased stress that comes with living in a busy, crowded environment. Another is the lack of social support that can be found in smaller communities.
Whatever the reasons, it’s clear that mental health is a problem in Groningen that needs to be addressed. There are a number of organizations and groups working to help those suffering from mental illness, and there is also an increasing amount of public awareness about the issue. With continued effort, it’s hopeful that the mental health situation in Groningen will improve.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Groningen
Common types of therapies in Groningen
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Groningen and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Groningen, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Groningen in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Groningen, Art Therapy in Groningen, Behavioral Therapy in Groningen, Contemplative Therapy in Groningen, Play Therapy in Groningen, EMDR Therapy in Groningen, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Groningen, Existential Therapy in Groningen, Experiential Therapy in Groningen, Gestalt Therapy in Groningen, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Groningen, Music Therapy Therapy in Groningen, Narrative Therapy in Groningen, Psychodynamic Therapy in Groningen, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Groningen, and Somatic Therapy in Groningen.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Groningen & the World
“I had just got out of a very toxic relationship and I was really struggling. I had no friends or family that could offer me guidance, just directions to nowhere. After doing some research on the internet, I found a therapist in Groningen who did therapy by phone. It was an amazing experience because she gave me exactly what I needed- support and the tools to work through my problems.”
- Karen, Groningen
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Groningen, you can book a trial session with us.
Therapy can be quite expensive in Groningen, depending on the therapist and the intervention. A session with a licensed therapist can cost around €60, while a session with a self-taught therapist can cost up to €200. Other treatments, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), can also cost quite a bit.
If you are a therapist from the Groningen or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing