Get help from top Psychologists in Galway
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Galway
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Galway
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Galway
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it is likely that you are suffering from a mental illness: PTSD, depression, anxiety, or OCD. A psychologist can help you manage and treat these disorders. Psychologists work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and experiences.
They can provide counseling and therapy services to individuals who are struggling with mental health issues. Oftentimes, psychologists have specialized training in treating disorders such as PTSD or depression.
If you are affected by any mental illness, it is important to get professional help. A psychologist can provide you with the support you need to manage your condition and live a healthy life.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Galway
- Dr Maureen Buckley is a clinical psychologist who has worked extensively with individuals and families suffering from anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, stress and trauma. She also offers cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for treating disorders such as these. She has authored several articles on the subject of psychology and has presented at national and international conferences.
- Dr Niamh Kavanagh is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and adolescents suffering from mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, self-harm, eating disorders and ADHD. Her treatments include CBT and family therapy. She is also an associate editor for the Irish Journal of Psychology and a member of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Ms Aoife O’Sullivan is a therapist who specializes in working with survivors of childhood abuse and their families. Her treatments include individual therapy, family therapy, EMDR therapy and group sessions for parents/caregivers to support Recovery from Childhood Abuse (ROCA).
- Dr Aileen Leahy is an internationally recognised psychologist and psychotherapist who has worked in the field for over 25 years. She is currently the Director of the Mental Health Unit at Temple Street Hospital in Galway City and also teaches at University College Galway. Her clients have included celebrities, businesspeople, and normal people just trying to get through their day-to-day lives.
- Ms Niamh Sweeney is a clinical psychologist who founded and runs The Mindfulness Centre in Galway city. She offers mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) as well as counselling services for individuals, couples, families and groups. MBCT is a type of therapy that focuses on helping people change the way they think about themselves and their experiences, which can be helpful for addressing mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, trauma, stress, and addiction.
Mental Health in Galway
Galway is a city in the west of Ireland that is known for its lively atmosphere and friendly people. However, like any other city, it also has its fair share of mental health problems.According to the 2016 census, 12.5% of the population of Galway city reported suffering from a mental health problem in the previous 12 months. This is slightly higher than the national average of 11.7%.
There are a number of reasons why mental health problems are more common in cities like Galway. The fast pace of life, high levels of stress, and social isolation can all contribute to mental health problems.
If you are struggling with your mental health in Galway, there are a number of support services available.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Galway
Common types of therapies in Galway
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Galway and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Galway, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Galway in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Galway, Art Therapy in Galway, Behavioral Therapy in Galway, Contemplative Therapy in Galway, Play Therapy in Galway, EMDR Therapy in Galway, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Galway, Existential Therapy in Galway, Experiential Therapy in Galway, Gestalt Therapy in Galway, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Galway, Music Therapy Therapy in Galway, Narrative Therapy in Galway, Psychodynamic Therapy in Galway, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Galway, and Somatic Therapy in Galway.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Galway & the World
“MantraCare was an excellent experience. I felt very comfortable coming in and talking to them and they really helped me with my problem. The people were very nice and the care I received was excellent.”
- Karen, Galway
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Galway, you can book a trial session with us.
Typical fees for individual therapy sessions start at around €60, with larger groups costing more. Some therapists offer tailored packages which can reduce the cost of sessions.
If you are a therapist from the Galway or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing