Get help from top Psychologists in Belfast
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Belfast
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Belfast
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Belfast
A psychologist can be an invaluable resource for people with a range of mental health issues, including PTSD, depression, anxiety, and OCD. If you’re experiencing any of these conditions, speaking to a psychologist can help you work through your problems and improve your overall well-being.
If you’re in the Belfast area and would like to find a psychologist who can help you, please don’t hesitate to contact us at our office. We will be happy to provide you with a list of qualified professionals in the area, and we hope that you will take advantage of our services.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Belfast
- Bernadette Sweeney is a certified marriage and family therapist who has been working in Belfast since 2006. She offers individual, couple, family and group therapy sessions to her patients, as well as workshops on topics such as communication hygiene and conflict resolution techniques.
- Ms. Monica McKeever is a registered psychotherapist who has been working in Belfast since 2007. She specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), which is a type of treatment that focuses on changing negative thoughts and behaviors into more positive ones. Her clinic is located close to the city center, making it easy for her clients to get access to her services.
- Dr Nuala McAnulty works primarily with children and adolescents suffering from anxiety, depression, ADHD and other issues related to childhood development and trauma exposure. She also offers child and family counseling along with individual CBT sessions for those suffering from anxiety or depression.
- Dr. McCausland has a wealth of experience working with a diverse range of patients, which makes her an excellent choice if you are seeking help with issues such as anxiety, depression, or trauma. She is also highly qualified and certified in CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), which is one of the most popular forms of psychological treatment out there.
- Dr. Fiona Gault is a psychotherapist who works with adults and children throughout Northern Ireland. She specializes in providing psychological services for people who have experienced trauma or abuse, as well as those who are struggling with addiction or mental health problems. Dr. Gault has been working as a therapist since 2009 and has gained valuable experience working with a variety of different clients from across Belfast and Northern Ireland.
Mental Health in Belfast
Belfast has a long history of violence and conflict. The city has been working hard to shake off its dark past and is now a vibrant and cosmopolitan place to live. However, the effects of the Troubles are still being felt by many people in Belfast. Mental health problems are widespread in the city, with rates of anxiety and depression among the highest in the UK.
There are a number of reasons why mental health problems are so prevalent in Belfast. The legacy of the Troubles is one factor, with many people still struggling to come to terms with what happened. There is also a lack of support services for mental health in the city, which means that many people do not get the help they need.
Belfast is a city full of potential, but it faces a number of challenges when it comes to mental health. With proper support and investment, however, these challenges can be overcome and Belfast can become a place where everyone can thrive.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Belfast
Common types of therapies in Belfast
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Belfast and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Belfast, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Belfast in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Belfast, Art Therapy in Belfast, Behavioral Therapy in Belfast, Contemplative Therapy in Belfast, Play Therapy in Belfast, EMDR Therapy in Belfast, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Belfast, Existential Therapy in Belfast, Experiential Therapy in Belfast, Gestalt Therapy in Belfast, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Belfast, Music Therapy Therapy in Belfast, Narrative Therapy in Belfast, Psychodynamic Therapy in Belfast, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Belfast, and Somatic Therapy in Belfast.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Belfast & the World
“I found out about online therapy from a friend, and I’m so glad I did. It’s convenient, affordable, and has helped me deal with my anxiety for over two years now.”
- Karen, Belfast
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Belfast, you can book a trial session with us.
Some general estimates put the cost of therapy for an hourlong session at around £50-70. This cost can go up or down depending on factors such as whether you are seeing a therapist privately or in a group setting, and whether you are using traditional therapies such as talk therapy or CBT.
If you are a therapist from the Belfast or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing