Get help from top Psychologists in Ottawa–Gatineau
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Ottawa–Gatineau
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Ottawa–Gatineau
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Ottawa–Gatineau
If you are looking for a psychologist to help you with your mental health issues, there are many options available in Ottawa and Gatineau. Some of the most experienced professionals in this field can be found at hospitals and clinics, while others offer services out of their own offices.
Regardless of where you choose to seek treatment, always make sure to speak with a therapist about your specific needs and concerns. This will help them tailor their approach specifically for you, ensuring that you get the most out of the therapy session.
In addition to helping people deal with mental health issues on a individual level, psychologists can also play an important role in treating PTSD, depression, anxiety and other related disorders. By providing guidance and support, they can help sufferers manage their symptoms effectively and move on from their problems.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Ottawa–Gatineau
- Dr. Jennifer Goudie is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and families. She has a degree from McGill University and has worked at several hospitals in the Ottawa area since 2003. Dr. Goudie is also a member of the Canadian Psychological Association and the American Psychological Association.
- Dr. Nicole Langlois is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with anxiety disorders, depression, and stress management issues. She has a degree from McGill University and has worked at several hospitals in the Ottawa area since 2003. Dr. Langlois is also a member of the Canadian Psychological Association and the American Psychological Association.
- Dr. John Powell is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with substance abuse disorders. He has a degree from Queen’s University and has worked at several hospitals in the Ottawa area since 2004. Dr Powell is also a member of both the Canadian Psychological Association and the American Psychological Association
- Dr. David Rosenhan is another well-known psychologist in Ottawa–Gatineau. He has worked as a researcher and clinician for more than 30 years, and his work has focused on mental health issues such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. His clinic is located in Orleans on Carling Avenue and he offers regular appointments Monday through Friday.
- Dr. Brian Foote is one of the most experienced psychologists in the city, having worked with clients for over 30 years. He specializes in treating children and adolescents, specializing in ADHD, anxiety disorders, developmental issues, and more complex cases involving multiple problems simultaneously. Dr Foote also offers family counseling services for parents and their children/children’s families. His clinic is located at 850 Bank Street East in downtown Ottawa.
Mental Health in Ottawa–Gatineau
Mental health is a state of well-being in which an individual realizes his or her own abilities, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.
It is estimated that 1 in 5 people in Ottawa–Gatineau will experience a mental health problem in any given year. This means that mental health problems are common, and they can affect anyone, regardless of age, gender, income or social status.
There are many different types of mental health problems, and each one can have a different impact on a person’s life. Some mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression, can be mild and manageable, while others, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, can be more severe and require long-term treatment. If you are struggling with your mental health, please reach out for help. You don’t have to suffer in silence.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Ottawa–Gatineau
Common types of therapies in Ottawa–Gatineau
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Ottawa–Gatineau and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Ottawa–Gatineau, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Ottawa–Gatineau in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Art Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Behavioral Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Contemplative Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Play Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, EMDR Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Existential Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Experiential Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Gestalt Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Music Therapy Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Narrative Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Psychodynamic Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau, and Somatic Therapy in Ottawa–Gatineau.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Ottawa–Gatineau & the World
“I was able to access help for my depression and anxiety through skilled, compassionate counsellors in Ottawa–Gatineau. The therapy sessions were a huge relief, and now I am on the road to recovery.”
- Karen, Ottawa–Gatineau
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Ottawa–Gatineau, you can book a trial session with us.
In Ottawa–Gatineau, some popular therapies that typically cost between $50 and $100 per session include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), family counseling, and mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR).
If you are a therapist from the Ottawa–Gatineau or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing