Get help from top Psychologists in Kitchener
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Kitchener
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Kitchener
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Kitchener
If you’re experiencing symptoms of PTSD, depression, anxiety, or stress, there is a psychologist near you in Kitchener. Many people don’t realize that these conditions can be caused by events from our past- something as simple as a car accident or the death of a loved one.
If left untreated, these conditions can seriously impact your life and relationships. If you’re struggling with PTSD, depression, anxiety, or stress, please consider seeking out professional help.
There are many psychologists in Kitchener who can provide you with the support and guidance you need to get through this difficult time.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Kitchener
- Dr. Wendy Freedman. Dr. Freedman is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and families. She has a lot of experience helping families cope with difficult challenges, and her skills as a therapist are sure to be valuable to those looking for help.
- Dr. Michael Hennelly. Dr. Hennelly is a clinical neuropsychologist who works with patients who have problems with their memory, thinking skills, or concentration. He has decades of experience treating people with these issues, and his knowledge and experience will definitely be beneficial to those seeking help.
- Dr. Karen Baker-Kinney. Dr. Baker-Kinney is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in working with adults who have anxiety disorders or depression. She has extensive experience treating these conditions, which means she can provide tailored advice that will be most helpful to her patients
- Dr. Shannon Clements is a well-known psychologist who has been working in Kitchener for years. She specializes in treating clients with issues like anxiety and depression, as well as providing guidance on personal growth and development.
- Dr. Candace Glockner is another highly experienced psychologist who also works with a range of issues, including depression, anxiety, relationship problems, and more. She has experience working with both adults and children, so she can provide the support you need no matter what your situation may be.
Mental Health in Kitchener
It’s no secret that mental health is a problem in Kitchener. The city has one of the highest rates of mental illness in the province, and the problem is only getting worse.
There are a number of factors that contribute to mental health problems in Kitchener. The city has a high rate of poverty, and many residents live in overcrowded and unsafe housing conditions. There is also a lack of access to mental health services, and many people are unable to get the help they need.
The problem of mental health in Kitchener is compounded by the fact that the city has a high rate of violence. This creates an environment of fear and insecurity, which can trigger or exacerbate mental health problems.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health, there are resources available. You can contact your local community health centre for more information about mental health services in Kitchener.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Kitchener
Common types of therapies in Kitchener
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Kitchener and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Kitchener, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Kitchener in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Kitchener, Art Therapy in Kitchener, Behavioral Therapy in Kitchener, Contemplative Therapy in Kitchener, Play Therapy in Kitchener, EMDR Therapy in Kitchener, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Kitchener, Existential Therapy in Kitchener, Experiential Therapy in Kitchener, Gestalt Therapy in Kitchener, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Kitchener, Music Therapy Therapy in Kitchener, Narrative Therapy in Kitchener, Psychodynamic Therapy in Kitchener, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Kitchener, and Somatic Therapy in Kitchener.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Kitchener & the World
“I am really bothered by the fact that sometimes I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I tried connecting with a local therapist but it was either too expensive or inconvenient for me to travel to see them. So, after much research and consultation, I decided to try taking my therapy online from Mantracare. It has been life-changing.”
- Karen, Kitchener
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Kitchener, you can book a trial session with us.
Online therapy can be a cost-effective way to address mental health issues. Some therapists offer discounted rates for online therapy. The average cost of an online session with a licensed therapist is $140. However, the cost can vary depending on the therapist’s experience and location.
If you are a therapist from the Kitchener or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing