Get help from top Psychologists in Hamilton
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Hamilton
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Hamilton
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Hamilton
If you are seeking help for psychological problems, you may want to talk to a psychologist. There are many different types of psychologists, each with their own area of expertise.
Some psychologists work with people who have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), depression, anxiety, or OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Some psychologists also work with people who are angry or grieving.
This can be a difficult process, but it can be very helpful to talk about your feelings and experiences with someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in these areas.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Hamilton
- Dr. Sarah Potvin is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children and families. She has been providing services in Hamilton since 2006. Her clinic is highly rated by patients and professionals alike, and she has been cited as one of the best clinicians in the province.
- Dr. Christina Unger is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with women and couples. She has been providing services in Hamilton since 1998, and her clinic has received rave reviews from patients and professionals alike. Her approach focuses on helping clients address issues directly, which often leads to faster results.
- Dr. Emily Goudreau is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with adults who have anxiety disorders or mood disorders. She provides treatment at her private practice, which has been praised for its personalized approach to care.
- Dr. Sari Horwitz is a highly respected psychologist who has been working in Hamilton for more than 20 years. She specializes in treating anxiety and depression, as well as other mental health conditions. Her patients have praised her skills and professionalism, which is why she’s considered one of the best psychologists in Hamilton.
- Dr. Jillian MacIntyre is a licensed clinical psychologist who has been working in Hamilton since 2001. She specializes in treating children and adolescents with various mental health issues, including anxiety and depression. Her patients have spoken highly of her care and attention to detail, which underscores her dedication to providing top-notch
Mental Health in Hamilton
Mental health is an important issue in any community, and Hamilton is no exception. According to a recent study, one in five Canadians will experience a mental health problem in any given year. In Hamilton, that number is even higher, with one in four residents dealing with a mental health issue.
There are many reasons why mental health problems are more common in Hamilton. The city has a high poverty rate, which can lead to increased stress and anxiety. There is also a lot of violence in the city, which can trigger post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Fortunately, there are many resources available for people struggling with mental health issues in Hamilton. The city has several hospitals with psychiatric units, and there are also many community organizations that offer support and counselling services. If you or someone you know is struggling with a mental health problem, help is available.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Hamilton
Common types of therapies in Hamilton
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Hamilton and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Hamilton, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Hamilton in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Hamilton, Art Therapy in Hamilton, Behavioral Therapy in Hamilton, Contemplative Therapy in Hamilton, Play Therapy in Hamilton, EMDR Therapy in Hamilton, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Hamilton, Existential Therapy in Hamilton, Experiential Therapy in Hamilton, Gestalt Therapy in Hamilton, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Hamilton, Music Therapy Therapy in Hamilton, Narrative Therapy in Hamilton, Psychodynamic Therapy in Hamilton, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Hamilton, and Somatic Therapy in Hamilton.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Hamilton & the World
“MantraCare Online Therapy Treatment has changed my life! I found MantraCare online and it was an instant transformation from where I was to where I am now. It is like someone took off their mask and revealed themselves to me, and somehow they are still there with me today.”
- Karen, Hamilton
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Hamilton, you can book a trial session with us.
Online therapy can cost anywhere from $10 to $80 per session. However, there are some factors to consider when calculating the cost of online therapy. For example, if you live in a rural area with limited options for mental health care, online therapy may be a more affordable option than traditional therapy services. Additionally, some online therapies offer discounts for students or residents of certain provinces.
If you are a therapist from the Hamilton or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing