Get help from top Psychologists in Adelaide
Convenient, Anonymous & Affordable counseling in Adelaide
Video or chat, teletherapy with the best therapists in Adelaide
Schedule Appointments that fit your schedule
Holistic healing with therapy, yoga & meditation sessions
Consult online with best Therapists
Psychologist near me in Adelaide
If you are experiencing problems with your mental health, it is important to seek out professional help. A psychologist can provide you with support and guidance as you work through these issues.
There is a wide range of psychological problems that a psychologist can help with, including PTSD, depression, anxiety, stress, OCD, and anger. A psychologist will work with you to find the best solution for your specific situation. If you are struggling with grief, a psychologist may be able to help you cope with the emotions that come along with it.
If you are interested in seeking professional help for your mental health problems, please contact a psychologist near you.
Top Psychologist Near Me in Adelaide
- Dr. Celeste Bonner-Weir is an internationally renowned psychologist who has worked in both private practices and hospitals throughout South Australia for over 20 years. She specializes in treating anxiety and depression, as well as other mental health issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Dr. Jacinta Hickey is an internationally recognised expert on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). She offers PTSD therapy as well as other treatments such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT).
- Dr. Sharyn Oxford is a psychologist who specialises in adolescent mental health. She provides counselling, medication management, and educational programs for teenagers from all socio-economic backgrounds.
- Dr. Ruth Boon has worked in the field of psychology for more than 35 years. She provides counselling to adults, children, couples, families, seniors, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. She also runs a day program called Pathways that helps people to overcome addiction and addictions to gambling and drugs.
- Dr. Katharine Phillips is a clinical psychologist who specializes in working with children, adolescents, and families. She has spent over 20 years providing therapy to those in need, and her approach is tailored specifically to meet each individual’s needs.
Dr. Penny Tubby is a psychotherapist who works with a variety of clientele, including those with anxiety and depression disorders as well as chronic pain syndromes.
Mental Health in Adelaide
Mental health is often something that we take for granted. We assume that because we are not physically sick, we must be mentally healthy. However, mental health is just as important as physical health and should be given the same attention.
Mental health problems can affect anyone, of any age, gender or background. In Australia, it is estimated that one in five people will experience a mental illness at some point in their life. Mental illness is common, but often goes undetected and untreated.
Adelaide is no different when it comes to mental health. Mental illness is a significant problem in our city and one that we need to address. There are a number of services available for those suffering from mental illness, but often they are under-utilised or not utilised at all.
Types of Psychologists at MantraCare, Adelaide
Common types of therapies in Adelaide
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a type of psychotherapy that helps people change their negative thinking and behavior patterns. CBT is one of the most popular types of therapy in the Adelaide and a branch of cognitive psychology. It is often used to treat anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a type of CBT that focuses on helping people who experience extreme emotional reactions and behaviors. It has been shown to be effective in treating a number of mental health disorders in Adelaide, including borderline personality disorder, depression, and PTSD. DBT is a brach that deals with behavioral psychology.
Existential therapy has been gaining popularity in the Adelaide in recent years. This type of therapy focuses on the human condition and helps people to find meaning in their lives. Existential therapists believe that everyone has the ability to create their own meaning in life.
Other therapy approaches include:
ACT Therapy in Adelaide, Art Therapy in Adelaide, Behavioral Therapy in Adelaide, Contemplative Therapy in Adelaide, Play Therapy in Adelaide, EMDR Therapy in Adelaide, Emotionally Focused Therapy in Adelaide, Existential Therapy in Adelaide, Experiential Therapy in Adelaide, Gestalt Therapy in Adelaide, Hypnotherapy Therapy in Adelaide, Music Therapy Therapy in Adelaide, Narrative Therapy in Adelaide, Psychodynamic Therapy in Adelaide, Psychoanalytic Therapy in Adelaide, and Somatic Therapy in Adelaide.
50,000+ Happy Clients from Adelaide & the World
“I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for many years now. I found the treatment that I receive from MantraCare to be very effective. They are professional and caring, and they care about your progress.”
- Karen, Adelaide
Frequently Asked Questions
A therapist or psychologist is a professional who helps people with mental and emotional health issues. They may work with individuals, families, or groups. Therapists use a variety of techniques to help their clients, including talk therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication. If you wish to connect with a Psychologist near me in Adelaide, you can book a trial session with us.
There is no one answer to this question as it depends on a variety of factors, such as the therapist’s experience, practice type (e.g. individualized or group), and location. However, on average, therapy can cost anywhere from $50 to $200 per hour.
If you are a therapist from the Adelaide or any other part of the world, you can list your name on MantraCare for free : Click here to submit your listing